CHAPTER EIGHTEEN, failures and successes

( NOT EDITED / PROOFREAD )

Juliette had gotten P6 as her starting postion for qualifying, the day before. While Charles had gotten P4.

It was a pretty solid start for the French Grand Prix. Though, Juliette desperately wanted to end up with a higher result at the end of the race.

She took a shaky breath as the employees moved her car to the starting line.

The order in front of her was: Lewis at P1, Bottas at P2, Max at P3, Charles at P4, and Carlos at P5.

Juliette's mouth went dry, as she watched the lights in front of her go green.

She pushed at the petal, as she accelerated more and more in speed.

Her eyes sharply glanced at the cars in front of her, looking for any sort of pocket of space.

Which she found.

As they went through turn 2, she drove around the right side of Carlos Sainz, successfully taking his place.

That was a pretty solid overtake.

A little sprout of joy rippled throughout her body. A small smiled graced her lips as she let out a little "Yes!"

Well done! That was a great overtake. Sainz is now 6.2 seconds behind you. And Charles over
took both Max and Bottas already.

Juliette's eyes widened at her engineers words. "Holy shit. Seriously?!"

Yep. Also, the DRS zone is coming up, so try to overtake Verstappen then, he's about 3.8 seconds ahead.

"Got it." Juliette affirmed, as she accelerated in speed.

Her eyes trailed over the Redbull in front of herd her brows creasing as she scanned the area around it, looking for some sort of a chance to over take.

It was now Turn 13, and she had seen an opportunity to overtake him.

She lightly pushed his car, resulting in him losing control.

He slowed down a little, resulting in Juliette taking his position.

That was incredible! Well done, you're at P4 now. Bottas is 8.2 seconds ahead.

That was quite far away. Juliette gulped slightly, as she continued rippling her way through the track, twisting and turning around the corners as she defended her position from Verstappen.

You're on lap 31. 22 laps to go. Try to add some more power.

"Alright." Juliette nodded, as she gripped her steering wheel tightly, heavy breaths coursing out of her lips. "What position is Charles in?"

...
My god. Charles is in the lead.

A soft gasp left Juliette's lips. "What? That's amazing!"

It's too early to celebrate yet. Remeber, he's got two Mercedes behind him.

"Oh, right" Juliette stated softly. Mercedes was obviously the most dominant team in the sport. Their cars were far more efficient than any others in the grid. As well as their strategists, who also play a big factor in their performance.