CHAPTER SIXTEEN, sparks

( NOT EDITED / PROOFREAD )
- reminder that this book is a slow burn! so don't expect things to go the way you want it to🫣

The beach was directly in front of the house. It only took a few steps before your feet would hit sand.

Juliette liked how isolated it was. The beach in front of the house wasn't a well known beach, so only a few other people were there as well.

Arthur had brought a cooler and a few towels along with him.

There were already a few beach chairs there, so the three decided to sit together on those chairs.

Juliette sat in the middle, Charles was on her left, and Arthur was on her right.

Juliette placed her phone on the side, as she sat up and peeled her beach dress off.

"Arthur, could you pass me some iced tea?" Juliette questioned. Arthur turned to her and stared at her blankly. "No."

Juliette rose a brow. "Dude-" Arthur concealed his laughs, as Charles interrupted the girl.

"I'll get it."

Charles reached over to the cooler, before handing her the iced tea. There hands touched, sending sparks throughout their bodies. They briefly met each other's glances, before Charles cleared his throat.

"I'm so bored." Arthur groaned, as if he was a child. Juliette rolled her eyes. "Just lemme finish my drink and let's jump into the water."

CHARLES' POV:

The sun glazed upon her lightly tanned skin, as it glowed in the lighting. Her hair back in it's natural waves, a small smile played at her lips, as she threw her head back in laughter.

I admired her. The tingly feeling in my stomach was more evident as ever right now.

"Juli, did you finish?" I questioned, as the brunette turned, as she nodded.

"Okay then, let's go for a dip." I smiled softly. Her eyes met mine, as she nodded gently-again. She was more quiet than usual, I wasn't sure why. And I was the only person who seemingly picked up on it.

"Lets bring a few floaties!" Arthur exclaimed in a child-like manner. Juliette snickered at the boy. I grinned a little, a small chuckle falling from my lips.

My brother quickly grabbed a few inflated donuts, and carried it along with him to the shore, Juliette and I followed him.

I glanced briefly at her as she stared forward, a small smile played at her lips as Arthur fell over the donuts.

She jogged up towards the water, and met with a giggly Arthur, who had completely drenched himself in the ocean water. She offered him a hand to pull him back up to his feet.

Which then resulted in him pulling her into the water. A small squeal left her lips, as she glared at him.

"Oh you are so dead!" She yelled, as she chased him into the water.

I laughed as I joined in the fun. We splashed each other with water, pushed each other around, and even pulled each other into the water.

It was pure, innocent fun.

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

THIRD PERSON POV:
They had ended the evening at the pool, they were exhausted from the few hours that they had spent at the beach.

Juliette and Arthur had gone inside for some time, as Charles kept his torso above water, scrolling mindlessly on his phone.

Juliette walked around the poolside, and sat on the tanning chair, as she rummaged through her beach bag.