TWENTY - EIGHT, aftermath

( NOT EDITED / PROOFREAD )

Juliette was dead asleep. She was absolutely exhausted from the day before, and the couch was uncomfortable, but bearable.

Soft snores left her plumped lips as her cheeks grew crimson due to how cold it was, her body was covered by a thin, cotton blanket that she found in a few cabinets in her suite. Although, it wasn't enough to shield her from the AC, which was on full blast.

The blanket was bungled up at her feet, not draping over her body as it originally was in the beginning of the night.

Her body shook slightly, her silk shorts were definitely not helping with the cold.

Yet, miraculously, Juliette was still asleep, she generally was a deep sleeper anyway, and it took some effort to wake her up sometimes.

Charles groaned as he wiped his face with his hands slowly, a cringed expression on his face.

He felt absolutely disgusting. The effects of the alcohol that he drowned in the night before, finally got to him.

Pain rippled through his head, a small groan leaving his lips once more, as he lifted his head off the satin pillow. His eyes squeezed shut, pain shot through his head once more.

Charles glanced at the side, his eyes lingering on the bedside table, which had a container filled with painkillers on top.

Charles's face softened lightly. Juliette put those out for him.

His face contorted into one of pain, as another wave of pain hit his head, a grumble leaving his lips, as he stood up slowly. His body swaying side to side, unbalanced. He steadily made his way out of the room, and into the main lounge, which had a living room, and a small kitchen in it.

Charles grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, and took a pain killer, he took a sip of the water, swallowing it and the pain killer as well.

A small sigh of content left his lips. He found his phone on the kitchen counter, grasped it, and opened it to check the time.

It was 11am. Charles sighed, his eyes glazing over the suite. It was cozy, but cold. Very cold.

Charles knew how much Juliette hated being cold, cold weather was never for her.

The Monegasque made his way to the couch, Juliette's figured snuggled up into the side, as the blanket tangled itself between her feet, not covering the rest of her body whatsoever.

He glanced over her, watching as her body shifted and shivered. His heart clenched, before silently pulling the blanket back over her. A small, content, unconscious smile played at her lips. Making Charles's eyes brighten.

He admired the brunette beauty, small breaths coursed through her lips, her light brown hair wildly spread across the pillow beneath her, her chest rising every few seconds as she breathed.

She truly was ethereal, in every way possible. To Charles, nothing compared to the beauty Juliette obtained, it was unmatched.

She was unmatched.

Charles cursed himself, as a sense of realization hit him.

He shouldn't have let her slip from his fingers so easily, he shouldn't let her go so easily.

He couldn't let her go.

God, who was stupid enough to let the Juliette Bianchi go?

Well, Charles was. And he hated himself for it.

He chewed on his lip, silently debating whether he should wake her up or not.

And coincidentally, Juliette's eyes fluttered open, a soft yawn left her lips, as her eyes glanced over her surroundings, her eyes eventually landed upon Charles, who watched her intently, which scared her.

"Dude! You scared the shit out of me." Juliette gasped, a hand on her chest, her eyes widened a little. Charles snapped out of the daze he was in, a sheepish expression etched onto his face. "Sorry. I was planning on waking you up-"

"I don't care. What time is it?" She cut him off, as a feeling of disappointment seeped into the pit of Charles's stomach.

"Juliette-"

"Just tell me." Juliette cut him off once more, her tone cold. Charles checked his phone. "11:03am."

Juliette jumped onto her feet, a face of panic and pure anxiety replaced her sleepy one.

"What's going on?" Charles questioned, Juliette didn't respond.

She had a flight at 10am - an hour ago. And she completely slept in.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" She cursed, as she gathered her bags, and carry ons. Placing them on the side of her bedroom, she took her phone out of the charger and hastily typed on it. She was texting Suki, letting her know that she missed her flight, and needed another flight.

Charles observed the situation, it was more obvious now to him now, her suitcases were packed, she woke up in a panic.

She missed a flight. He thought.

"Juliette-"

"Be quiet, I'm trying to get in contact with the pilot." Juliette interrupted the Monegasque, who let out a heavy breath.

"J-"

"WAIT!" She yelled, silencing him, as a small scowl formed on his face.

A few minutes passed, she was now talking on the phone, and had finally found another timing where she could set up another flight - which was 6PM that day. She eventually ended the call, a small, shaky breath left her lips.

"Can I talk now?" Charles stated, his eyes never leaving hers, as she walked passed him, to the kitchen. Charles rolled his eyes at her, fury building up in him. "No. I'm not in the mood to deal with you."

"J-"

"No." Juliette shook her head, walking to the counter that was set in the middle of the kitchen, she reached for an apple. Charles followed her into the kitchen, and stood next to her. Frustration bugging up inside him, as his patience slowly started running out, he desperately needed to at least get some words out to her. He wanted to explain everything to her.

"I'm done listening to your bullshit lies, all you do is lie and make excuses to get away with sh-"

"FOR FUCKS SAKE SHUT UP FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE!" Charles yelled, as he grabbed her hips, turning her around so her back was pressed against the counter. Her breath hitched.

"Can I please explain myself now? You've had more than enough time to be alone." He said more softly this time, referring to how the two hadn't had a genuine conversation for about a month.

His doe, green eyes intently gazed into her sharper ones, which evidently had a cold sort of tone in them. The air felt thicker, it was thicker. The tension was unstable yet high, it was as if someone had sucked the air out of Juliette's lungs.

"Fuck you." She spat, quietly, yet aggressively, he pinched her hips, resulting in her squirming under his hold. A ghost of a smirk played his lips at her reaction.

He sensually placed his lips directly next to her ear. "Well, you already did Chérie."

' Cherie '

Well that was new.

She shuddered, her back stiffened, the height difference was quite noticeable. Charles then brought his head back up, glancing at her expression, which was filled with unease.

"Can I finally talk?" Charles's fingers tapped her hips. Juliette maintained heavy eye contact with him. They were chest to chest, his crotch pressed into hers, his growing bulge slowly becoming evident.

She played the the hem of the strings of his shorts, the corner of her lips turning up, as she pressed her lips to his left ear.

"No."