11

Dan's *POV*

"Daniel!" Kyle shouts from the kitchen. I run downstairs to see that the stove is up in flames.

"Holy shit, Ky! What did you do?" I run to get my fire extinguisher.

"I tried to make us food, but I don't know how to cook." He tells me as I run back in, putting the fire out.

"Well, Kyle, if you don't know how to cook, why didn't you call me down?" I ask, putting the fire extinguisher down, and I cup his face in my hands. Kyle shrugs, looking into my eyes, then down at the ground. We both jump suddenly as we hear the doorbell ring. I run to the door, looking through the peephole. "Shit." I mutter.

"Who is it?" Kyle asks as he puts the pots and pans in the sink.

"My step-sister, and her best friend, Chlöe." I turn around and run to Kyle, forcing him to go upstairs with me so we can get dressed since we are both in our boxers. "We need to hurry, Kyle. They both have keys to this place." The two of us run into my room, tossing each other our clothes, throwing them on. Kyle accidentally put his shirt on backwards so, I help him, grab my glasses, and the two of us rush downstairs just in time to see the girls opening the door.

Ella gives us weird looks, then gives me the eyebrows before heading to my mini theater, "Hey, Daniel." Chlöe greets me, waving towards me. For a second, I swear she gave Kyle an dirty look, and secretly flip him off. I look up at Kyle, confused, but he doesn't look at me. I notice the pissed of look on his face as he follows them into the mini theater as I trail behind him.

"Ella. Chlöe. What are you two doing here?" I ask them angrily as I get closer to them. They look at each other, look back at me, and then shrug. I roll my eyes, and I take a seat next to Kyle. "Since you guys are here, do you want to stay and hang out. Watch a movie?"

"Let's watch Twin Peaks." Chlöe says with a smile.

I nod, getting to my feet, "Great choice," I look down at Kyle and I grab his hand, "Come with my, Kyle. Help me find the season DVD's." Kyle gets to his feet and the two of us walk into the movie room, closing the door behind us. "Kyle," I start as I turn around to face him, "Do you know Chlöe too? I feel like you two have some bad chemistry." Kyle looks at me, not saying a word, "Kyle. Speak to me." I tell him as I grip his left arm.

He lightly shakes his head, sighing, "No." He looks back up at me, grabs the Twin Peaks season DVD's, and walks out, closing the door behind him, and leaving me alone.

- - - -

When Ella and Chlöe leave, Kyle and I are alone together once again. As tired as I am, I head upstairs, and Kyle told me he was going to leave.

When I hear the front door close, I lay down in my bed and try to fall asleep. Just as my eyes were closing, I feel something cover my mouth and nose, causing me to jump and try to get away, but next thing I know, everything fades to black.

_____________________

sorry for the short chapter guys! just to let you know, the next few chapters will be intense and possibly sad. idk. I guess you guys will have to wait and see ;) .

-Ashley