15

I stare at myself in the dirty, broken mirror of the gas station bathroom. The lights flicker as I stare into my own eyes that are rimed red and bloodshot. My eyes slowly wander down the the dark purple and black bruises on my cheek, chin, and arms. Areas on my black Jurassic Park shirt are torn off or tearing off.

I look back up at my face and look at the drying blood that comes from my nose to my top lip. Raising my hand I feel the stubble on the chin and jawline noticing how dirty and sickening I look.

Kyle's *POV*

"Finally." I mutter under my breathe as the woman behind the desk yells next. I walk up with my suitcase and Dan's money, "One ticket to Reno, Nevada, please."

"What's the occasion?" She asks as she takes my money and passport and hands me one ticket and hands me back my passport.

I shake my head in reply and flash her a smile, "Just a nice vacation. That's all."

"Alright, well you have a fun time, sir, and be safe!" I nod to her as I look at my ticket and walk away to find the boarding area.

Dan's *POV*

After asking about five people for change for the phone booth, I finally found someone generous enough to hand me enough for one call. I slide the change in the slot and dial in the number.

"Hello, this is Fran's phone - STOP LAUGHING, DANIEL! - Leave your na- well, you know what to do." When I hear the click, I suck up my tears and begin leaving my message.

"Hey, Franie. I know I haven't left you a message in quick sometime and I am terribly sorry. I wish you were still here. This is one of those times that I really need you. Do you remember how you could tell if someone was good for me just by looking at them? Well, I wish you were here to say that Kyle wasn't good for me, but I still wouldn't have listened, causing you to tell me at this moment that you told me so. Fran, I need you. I don't know why I keep leaving these messages because I know you're not here. You're never going to be here. I miss you and I love you, Fran. I hope to see you soon." With a shaking hand, I slowly seat the phone back in its place, hanging it up.

The tears start running down my face as I realize the place I am in. Kyle is probably home by know and Ella, Will, and Chlöe are probably wondering where the hell I am. I hope Ella got her car back and I hope she is okay. I want her safe. The last thing I need is to go walking down the street just to see through some window on a tellie that my younger step-sister has been murdered.

I walk down the dark streets when I suddenly hear a familiar voice. I ru towards it to see that a Halsey concert is going on. Sadly, I don't have money for a ticket, but I stand outside of the stadium and sing along to Hurricane.

I automatically regret running over here because the lyrics of the song are really deep and they strike me right in the heart because I am kind of in the same state that Ashley (Halsey) is supposed to be in in this specific song.

I wait until the concert is over and I watch all the fan walk out still stoked about seeing Ashley live. I sit there for about an hour after everyone leaves, thoughts of how Kyle would have loved sitting here with me and listen to Halsey run through my mind.

"Hey, are you okay?" I jump at the sound of the question and get to my feet to see Ashley eyeing me up and down.

"Um...honestly...no." I chuckle, tears stinging my eyes. She wraps her arms around me, hugging me tightly. I hug her back, crying into her shoulder.

"What's your name?" She asks me, breaking the hug.

"Dan Smith."

"Wait." She studies my face for a minute, "The Daniel Campbell Smith?!" I chuckle at the sound of her voice.

"Yea, why?" I ask her, sniffling.

"I was a huge fan of yours a few years back!" I hesitates and her voice grows soft, "What happened to you...?" I shake my head, looking at the ground, tears start running down my face again. "Come here." She brings me in for another hug. "Hey, I don't think my manager would mind, but would you like to stay with us at the hotel tonight?"

I break the hug and look up at her in shock, "You would do that for me, Ashley?!" She chuckles and flashes me a small smile.

"Of coarse." She takes me hand and leads me to her tour bus, leading me inside.