12

I wake up to fog. I am unable to see anything. Even my legs are being engulfed by the fog. I sit up, getting to my feet. Literally. Nothing but fog.

"Hello?!" I shout, walking forward, hoping that I find someone. I look down to see that I am possibly walking on a boardwalk. I keep walking, hoping to find shelter or a person.

"Dan?" I feel someone grip my shoulder tightly and my heart sinks at the familiar voice. Turning around, I don't even look to see who it is, I wrap my arms around their neck, crying into their shoulder. "Dan," I repeat again, "What are you doing here?" I look up to see Ralph's face.

I ignore his question, "I thought you were dead..." Ralph nods and breaks the hug, looking around curiously into the fog.

"Dan, we have to get you out of here." Confusion fills my mind as he grabs my hand, running through the fog. I hear screams coming from all around us along with gun shots.

"Ralph, what the hell is going on?!" I stop him by pulling my hand out of his grip. He turns around with a posse doff look on his face.

"You're in a place called Purgatory. They take all their victims here and torcher them. That's all you need to know other than there is a way out." Ralph grabs my hand again, starting to run once more.

"Wait. So they named this place after an afterlife nightmare for monsters from Supernatural?" I ask as Ralph drags me along.

"Ha. Ya I guess so." He chuckles as we stop. The fog starts to clear and you can see a path tailing into the woods. Ralph stares at me and pints to the trail, "Follow that path until you reach the end of the woods. Once you reach the end, you are home bound."

I grab Ralph's shoulder, confused, "Aren't you coming with?" Ralph shakes his head.

"No. They told me if I was caught sneaking out again, they wouldn't only kill me but they would kill your boyfriend too." Ralph pushes me forward as he looks back, terrified.

"HEY! WHAT DID WE TELL YOU?!" Ralph pulls out a gun and shoots the person that is running towards him. He looks back and hugs me.

"Go." He tells me as he breaks the hug.

"But-"

"GO, DANIEL!" I look back at him as he open fires. I start running down the path. Looking back I hear a gunshot and I see Ralph fall to the ground. Suddenly I feel my heart shatter into millions of pieces as I watch a piddle of blood form under him, his blood seeping through the cracks in the wood.

But I keep running, fearing that they may come after me, or even worse...

...Kyle.

________________________

sorry for the short chapter, guys. I wasn't too sure of what to write, but I hope you all like this chapter. :)

-Ashley