20

Kyle's *POV*

I jump awake noticing that I am still in the backseat and the car was parked. "Dan? What are you doing here?" I asked groggily. As I yawn I realize that we are parked on the shoulder of the highway. I look up into the driver's seat noticing that he's not there. "Dan?" Looking down, I notice the keys witting there and that's when it came to me.

He's gone.

Ashley ( Halsey ) 's *POV*

"Finally..." I let out a long sigh as I step off the plane and make my way to baggage claim. I reach into my pocket to pull out my phone and call Dan.

The phone rings twice before he picks up the line, "What do you want, Ashley?" He answers in a fairly annoyed tone.

"Wow what's up with you, grumpy ass?" I reach my baggage claim and stop as I wait for my bag.

"I don't think you should have come." Next thing I know the line is dropped dead.

"Excuse me?" I say to myself as I pull the phone away from my ear. As I look up I notice my bag spinning in the baggage claim.

Dan's *POV*

Pulling the phone away from my ear, I press my thumb to the end button, sighing out of anger and sadness. I walk along the empty streets with thoughts fluttering through my mind. And at the moment, for the first time since Kyle and I took Ella's car, I wondered about our safety. I wondered if I was still being hunted down or if everything would be normal again.

I can't believe I just ran away. Thinking over what I just had done, I realize that I had made myself homeless ... again. By the time I look up to see where I had gotten myself, I noticed that I was in the middle of nowhere. All around me there is nothing but dirt and gravel.

About a minute of just standing there I start to hear the rapid crunching of gravel from behind me. Looking behind me, over my shoulder, my heartbeat quickens as I see a car speeding straight towards me. I jump and land on the gravel, hard, in attempt to move out of the way of the car as I gains speed. Lifting my face and looking at the gravel I notice the blood that was spilt as my body scrapped against the rugged dirt and gravel. I try my best to lift myself up as I hear the car screech to a halt and the crunch of rocks as someone steps one them and head towards me.

I slowly turn my head upwards, making eye contact with the person currently standing above me. The person wearing a black wool mask, black body suit, black gloves, and black boots reaches a hand down to me, gripping the back of the collar of my shirt.

Worried and weak, I start to push myself out of their grip. The masked figure fights back until I finally escape their grip and run back in the direction I came from. The world start spinning and becoming blurry as I hear multiple pairs of feet chasing after me.

Stumbling over my own feet, I try to speed my pace as I hear their footstep grow nearer. Next thing I know, I feel a pair of arms on my back and on my arm as I am thrown the the dirt, my head hitting the gravel, and my vision becomes dark.

_____________________

sorry for the short chapter and the cliff hanger. hang in there guys and I hope you guys are still happy with my books. :)

-ashton