23

Hey guys, so I just wanted to say that Ella Eyre's song , "Even If", I believe really fits with the book, so if you haven't heard the song and you want a listen, the audio of the song is above ^^. If you are reading this on your phone, it won't let you play it because copyright, so go in YouTube and search for "ella eyre even if" and it should be the very first video.

Enjoy.

- - - -

Dan's *POV*

A mixture of dry and fresh blood cake my face and arms after running through the forest and being hit by branches and from falling. I escaped the forest about and hour ago and I've been searching for the closest town, trying to find a place to stay.

Interrupting my thoughts, my phone starts buzzing in my pocket. Taking it in my hand, reading the contact name, my brightens up, and I pick up the call.

"Kyle!" I answer in excitement.

"Dan?! Oh my fucking God! Where have you been?! I have been worried sick!" I drop my head as I take a seat on a bench that I so happened to come across.

"I have been with Halsey." I sigh, "But I ran off - again." Leaning forward, I place my forehead in my palm, regretting everything I've done.

"Dan, where are you? I'm coming to get you."

"I'm in Wales I think." I tell him as I look around at my surroundings.

"Well, I'm in Cardiff so I'll be there in a few hours. I love you."

"Ya. Okay, Kyle see you in a bit." I sigh while rubbing my forehead, hoping that all of this will be over soon.

"Wait, Dan?"

"Yes?"

"I need to tell you something and it isn't good."

"What is it, Kyle? We are breaking up? Again?"

"No, Daniel," he says, obviously irritated, "Chris called me and told me that he found Chlöe and Ashley dead in the woods where ever they had kidnapped you. I'm sorry, Dan. I truly am and I am here for you if you want to talk about it."

"Kyle, I - I think you better hang up." I choke out.

"No, Dan. You obviously need someone right now. I'm going to stay on the line with you."

"NO!" I pause, trying to cool myself off, wiping the tears and sniffing before continuing, "Kyle, seriously, I'll talk to you later, love - " Suddenly I am interrupted with a loud crash on the other line, causing the line to drop dead. Before I can even think, I start to panic. I fumble my phone in my now shaking hands as I try and dial the Cardiff police, my breathing starts to speed up as I start to slowly hyperventilate.

"Hello, this is the Cardiff police. How may I help you?"

"I WAS TALKING TO MY BOYFRIEND ON MY PHONE WHEN I HEARD A CRASH ON THE OTHER LINE AND I WASN'T ABLE TO REACH HIM ANYMORE. HE WAS LEAVING CARDIFF ON HIS WAY TO WALES. CAN YOU FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED?!" I yell to the police officer on the phone.

"We already have a crew on the crash. What's your boyfriend's name, sir?"

"Kyle. Kyle Simmons."

"We will call you back once we find out about the crash. Goodbye, sir."

"Wait. What?" I pull the phone away from my ear, praying that Kyle is okay. He needs to be okay. I need him to be okay. Sitting back on the bench, waiting for the Cardiff police to call back.

"I can't do this." I say to myself, shaking my head as I stand up. I pull up maps on my phone, looking for the nearest town.

- - - -

After an hour of walking and worrying, I finally step foot into town. Walking down the street I notice people gathered around the front of a building gossiping and whispering among themselves. I decide to walk over to see what all the fuss is about.

Pushing past people, I finally get to the from and my eyes meet the few tellies in the window. I let out a scream full of pain as I watch the tellie seeing what I never wanted to see...ever. BBC news plays on the screen as they talk about a crash that had just happened by Cardiff. There were no survivors and only two people could be recognized. Chris Wood and Kyle Simmons.

I fall the the ground, everything around me slows as I try to process what I was just told. The people around me try to help me up. The pain in my brain and in my chest numbs my body as I am helped to my feet, the people around me trying to ask me all these questions. Tears sting my eyes as I realize that I had lost everybody that I knew and that I loved.

Pushing my way through the crowd I walk back towards the direction I can from, away from everyone. Away from everything.

I pull out my phone and head to my contacts, deleting Will, Ashley, Chris, Chlöe, and Kyle. Staring blankly at my screen I notice I have one contact left.

Ella.

Pressing her name, I call her up hoping that she will answer.

"Dan!" Ella shouts, her voice full of excitement, "Have you been okay? I haven't talked to you since the day you and Kyle left with my car. Also, how is my baby?"

I break out into tears as she says Kyle's name, "Ella, I am not okay...and your Impala is totaled but I think you should come and get me. Put your other car to use."

"Dan," She replies in a worried tone, "What happened?"

"Just come and pick my up. I'll tell you later."

"Okay. Send me your location."

- - - -

Four hours later, Ella meets me at the bench where I had talked to Kyle for the last time. I climb into the passenger seat, closing the door. Wiping my tears away, I look at Ella as she looks back before she backs the car up and we head home.

FIN

( epilogue coming soon )