Chapter 20 (R): Downfall and Haven's Fate

I own nothing
Chapter 20: Battle for Haven

(Y/N) leaned against Jaune as he watched Ruby and Yang fight Emerald and Mercury. He was about to jump in when he saw the assassin knock Ruby scythe from her hands, only for Ruby to headbutt him in the face.
"Kick his butt, Ruby!" (Y/N) cheered.
Nora, who was guarding him, Jaune, and Weiss, took a quick glance at him.
"You guys doing okay?"
Jaune looked down, trying to assess if whatever he was doing to the wounded Schnee was working. She appeared to look better.
"I-I think so. She's coming to. I just wish this would go faster."
"How bout you don't complain and just be thankful you unlocked your Semblance when you did." Nora shot back.
"My Semblance?"
"How do you think you're healing her dummy?" (Y/N) said through a smile.
"No." Jaune replied. "I don't think I'm healing her. Our Aura heals our bodies. It feels... it feels more like I'm using my Aura to amplify hers."
"Wait, aren't you worried about running out?" Nora asked.
Jaune smiled. "Pyrrha once told me I've got a lot of it. I still believe her."
At that moment, Weiss's eyes fluttered open. (Y/N) stumbled to her side.
"Weiss!" He said happily.
She looked at both boys in confusion.
"(Y/N)? Jaune?"
At that moment, (Y/N) heard Ren scream in pain. He had been hit by a lightning shot from Hazel.
"Ren!" Nora cried.
"Go!" The blonde ordered. "We've got her!"
"I'll help!" (Y/N) offered as he struggled to his feet.
Nora shook her head. "No, stay here."
She ran towards Hazel as Weiss began to focus.
"Jaune...what's happening?"
"You took a heavy hit." The older boy explained. "You need to stay with us while the others fight."
"That's...annoying."
Jaune chuckled. "Good to have you back, Weiss."
Across the room, Qrow was knocked up into the air and then back down on the floor. Oscar/Ozpin was having similar problems, being knocked flat by Hazel after blocking Lionheart's attacks.
Hazel growled at him. "Hiding behind the face of a child? A monster like you must be stopped!"
Nora let out a war cry and leapt at the big guy before he caught her by the hammer and threw her to the ground. While she was recovering, he grabbed her by the head and electrocuted her.
"How many children must die for you!?"
Unfortunately for the (hypocrite) large male, he didn't know about Nora's Semblance. The red head grabbed his wrist, overpowering his brute strength, before tossing him over her shoulder. As he laid there, Nora grabbed her hammer and gritted her teeth.
"His Semblance." Ozpin tried to explain. "He can block out pain, it's how he's able to handle injecting so much dust into his body."
Nora gritted her teeth and glared at the man as he got up.
"I don't need him to hurt." Hazel charged as she roared. "I just need him to GO DOWN!"
With a war cry, she swung her hammer directly into Hazel's gut, sending him through the front entrance.
(Y/N) winced. "I really hope he doesn't get back up from that."
Taking a glance around the room, the boy noticed everyone was struggling and gasping for air. They couldn't hold out much longer. Luckily, at that moment, something flashed from the window. A search light! Had someone called for backup?
Weiss looked up. "What's happening?"
"I'm not sure." Jaune answered. "How are you feeling?"
She smiled and sat up, toying with a glyph the size of her palm.
"Better. Much better." She nodded to the blonde before looking at the poor state her brother was in. "Help him. I'll handle this."
Weiss got up and walked to the center of the room. (Y/N) tried to follow her, but felt Jaune grasp his arm, forcing him to sit down. As the older boy worked to get the dragon's Aura back into decent shape, Weiss summoned an enormous glyph which then summoned a giant wasp like Grimm. She then directed it towards the ruined front entrance. Its stinger shot off and latched on to something before dragging Hazel back in, roughly. As Jaune pulled away, mostly satisfied with the boy's condition, it was then (Y/N) finally noticed the noise coming from outside. Was it the White Fang attacking the reinforcements? His answer came when someone unexpected walked in. Everyone turned in shock.
"Blake?" He whispered.
The cat faunus stared at them, namely Yang.
"Yang?"
The girl was in shock before Ruby turned and pointed at the open vault.
"Yang! Go!"
Their older sister bolted for the opening as (Y/N) shot up to cover her. Emerald dove at Yang to stop her, but missed. Mercury grabbed her fake arm, and while Yang's eyes turned red as she got ready to fight, they changed back immediately as she simply detached it and continued to run. He tried to follow her, only for (Y/N) to pounce on him, sending them both rolling about on the ground as Weiss put up a wall of ice to end their pursuit. (Y/N) decked Mercury in his stupid face before kicking him away. He rolled back to his feet and got ready for another round.
"Not today, dumb dumb!"
The two fought it out. Mercury was a much better fighter, more experienced and with an instinct to kill, but (Y/N) had blitzing speed on his side. They both exchanged heavy blows before jumping apart. It was at that point that Hazel destroyed the Queen Lancer summon, only for Blake to leap in and kick the guy right in his face, sending him sprawling. (Y/N) rushed over to her as Weiss and Ruby joined the,
"Are you hurt?" Blake asked.
"N-no!" Weiss said, bewildered. "I just remember you being more of the quiet one."
"Hugs!" (Y/N) said as he quickly hugged Blake, which the cat Faunus eagerly returned. "More later. Let's cream these jerks!"
"All right." Weiss agreed shakily. "What's the plan, Ruby?"
(Y/N) heard something whirling behind them and both he and Ruby shot at the Lionheart taking aim at them simultaneously, knocking his weapon from his hand. He quickly ran through the door behind him, much to the annoyance of Mercury.
"Checkmate!" Ruby called out as Weiss and Blake ran in opposite directions and Ruby ran forward.
(Y/N) followed behind her. Hazel swung at them. As Ruby dodge, (Y/N) jumped up and slammed his tail on his head, sending him forward for Weiss and Blake to tag team. For a while, he and Ruby bolted in and out of the battlefield, keeping pressure on their three opponents, especially Hazel who refused to let up. Eventually, after a bad blow from Mercury, the boy landed where Nora, Ren, Jaune, Qrow, and Oscar/Ozpin were.
"How are you doing, Firebreather?" Qrow asked.
"I'm fine." The dragon insisted. "But we can't seem to make a dent in the big guy."
"We need to get him past his limits." Ozpin said before looking at the boy firmly. "(Y/N), I think you're the only one capable of that, right now. Can you manage it?"
He pondered for a moment before nodding with a determined look. "Yeah, I think I can try."
"(Y/N), no. You can't go one-on-one with that monster! You'll get creamed!" Qrow argued.
Ozpin smiled. "He'll be fine. Hazel won't kill him."
"That's reassuring." Nora muttered.
It didn't deter the boy who readied himself. "Jaune, can you boost my Aura again? I might be able to overpower his Semblance with mine if it's supercharged."
The blonde nodded. "All right, let's give it a try."
Jaune placed a hand on the boy's shoulder and immediately, he felt energy burst through him. Unlike before, when he just felt rejuvenated, this was like being on a sugar high after a good nap. He could feel the muscles in his body growing strong. Jaune eventually let go, stumbling back as Qrow caught him. Oz stood next to the dragon.
"Watch yourself. Hazel may not aim to kill you, but he could still seriously hurt you."
"What else is new?"
With an unseen burst of speed, (Y/N) grabbed Hazel's arms as he swung down at Weiss. The big guy was baffled that he was struggling against the tiny boy all of a sudden. (Y/N) pushed back as two of his charms glowed: Yang's for the strength boost, and Nora's just to dispel the electricity.
"(Y/N)!" Weiss called out.
"I've got this!" He assured her. "Take down Emerald and Mercury!"
Weiss wasn't at all about to leave her precious baby brother to fight this monster alone, but the fiercely determined look in his eyes urged her to trust him. (Y/N) then locked eyes with Hazel and bared his teeth.
"Just you and me, big guy."
"How many children have to die for that monster Ozpin!" Hazel demanded as he pushed forward relentlessly.
(Y/N) held his ground, his feet planted firmly.
"I'm not here for Ozpin. I'm here for Haven! For the people of Mistral! So these people don't have to live through what you and your stupid friends have put me and my family through!"
Hazel seemed to hesitate with that answer. He could see the ferocity in the boy's eyes, the same in his own: a brother fighting desperately for his family. Sensing Hazel faltering for a second, (Y/N) spun, swinging Hazel over his shoulder and leaping as he slammed him into the ground. (Y/N) then flew up and pushed himself off the ceiling, punching Hazel right in his gut, winding him. Hazel managed to slap him away, but (Y/N) landed on all fours, gracefully, and let out a roar. Everyone looked at him stunned, amazed and proud at how strong he had become. The fight continued as the gang pushed the three enemies back towards the staircase and had their weapons trained on them.
Exhausted, heaving for breath, Ruby spoke up. "That's enough! Just give up."
Mercury, who was on his knees, growled as he punched the floor.
"It's not over!" Emerald insisted. "Cinder will come back, she'll have the Relic, and she'll stop all of you! She won't let us down."
Just then, everyone heard the whirling of something and turned to see Yang rising up on the platform, a glowing lamp in her hand.
"Yang." Ruby said happily.
The blonde glanced at Blake as (Y/N) then saw Emerald fall to her knees in tears as the two males backed up.
"Emerald, get up. We need to go." Mercury whispered. "Emerald!"
The green haired girl glanced around before screaming. The room then went dark as smoke bellowed around them. (Y/N) was about to push it away with his wings when the smoke suddenly formed into a terrifying creature that resembled a woman, but with twisted limbs and fingers and Grimm markings on her face. It shrieked and revealed pitch black eyes with only red pupils before it dove at them. When it was over, (Y/N) realized he was shaking, and clinging to Ruby. He felt as scared as he had been when Team RWBY had first found him.
"Wha-what was that?" Blake asked shakily.
"An illusion." Ozpin answered as everyone stared at him. "But an accurate one. That...was Salem."
(Y/N) was still shaking. That was Salem? That was who they were up against? Even though it had just been an illusion, it still had rocked him to the core. Ruby, feeling him shake, wrapped him up in her cape and hugged him.
"It's okay. It's over, for now. We're safe."
Her voice slowly made him relax, but he kept his grip on her. A few more Faunus ran into the hall, saying that the White Fang had been captured, and though Adam had escaped, he'd be on his own. (Y/N) recognized Sun, and guessed the two adults were Blake's parents, but he didn't recognize the other girl with them. As Blake turned to speak with them, Ruby suddenly slumped over. Luckily, (Y/N), despite his shaking, was still in better shape than the others, thanks to Jaune, and caught her before she hit the ground.
"Whoa!"
"Are you okay?" Weiss asked worryingly.
Ruby took a deep breath as she sat down. "I feel like I should be asking you guys."
Blake then walked up to them as they all took a seat. Ruby looked up to see her.
"So, Blake, what are you doing here?"
"I-," Blake tried to answer. "I was gonna ask you three the same thing."
"That's...a loooong story."
"Well, we're not going anywhere."
(Y/N) couldn't take it anymore and dove at her, crying.
"We missed you." Was all he said.
Blake wrapped her arms around him and kissed his head gently.  "I missed you all, too."
"We're here, together." Ruby said. "That's all that matters."
"Yeah." Yang agreed.
Weiss then offered an arm to Blake and (Y/N) and pulled them into the hug. They sat in silence. The rest of the world didn't matter right now.
What mattered was that their family was whole again.

And that's Ruby's route done. So, I was thinking of letting Volume 9 wrap up, do that Volume, and then do Weiss during the hiatus. Also, sorry if this chapter was a bit too similar to Blake and Yang version guys, I don't really know how to change it up in this regard.