Chapter 18 (B): True Colors

I own nothing
Chapter 18: Breaking Point
After a long and hard day of training, (Y/N) and Sienna retired to the kitchen to enjoy some tea with Kali. The boy was exhausted after several hours of combat and semblance training and could barely keep his eyes open.
"It's rude to lay your head on the table young man," Sienna scolded while taking the tea from Kali. The older Belladonna laughed and ruffled the boy's hair as she set the tea beside him.
"Oh let him sleep. He looks like you put him through the ringer,"
"He should get used to this. I plan on putting him through this for every training session," (Y/N) groaned as he weakly took sips of his tea. Eager to get the conversation away from training, which made his body hurt even more, he glanced around manor, only catching sight of a few guards.
"Where are Blake and Sun?" He asked, looking up at Kali. She sat down across from them.
"Recruitment again. They still needed to go through the nocturnal section of the village. They left a while ago," the tigress smirked at her student.
"Hoping to show off what you learned today?" The dragon moaned and slammed his head into the table once more.
"Are you kidding? I can barely stand up! I wouldn't be surprised if my aura broke from you dropping that tea cup on my head!" The woman laughed jovially. However it was short lived. They froze as their ears twitched, casting darting glances around the room. (Y/N) could feel it too, something not right. It was faint, but he could make it out:
Sounds of fighting.
Two guards suddenly burst into the room, weapons in hand. Kali shot up.
"What's going on?"
"The manor is under attack! It's the White- GAH!" He was cut off by a shot to the back. The four remaining Faunus faced off with two White Fang assassins. One smirked.
"Nothing personal, but we can't have you holding back the Faunus anymore,"
The two opened fire while they all scrambled to dodge. Sienna, thinking quickly, flipped the table to its side to give them cover.
"Get down!" The guard insisted as he pushed (Y/N) to safety. He then sat up and began to return fire. He managed to shoot one, but he was hit the should and slumped back unconscious. Kali immediately grabbed his gun and took over.
"Get out of my house!" She yelled furiously as she shot back. She looked over her shoulder. "Ghira!" Sienna pulled her back down to avoid another onslaught.
"Watch it! Ghira can take care of himself," she growled. "I need my weapon. (Y/N), can you give me cover with your fire breathing?" He shook his head.
"I can't! Everything in here is way too flammable. I'll just end up setting the place on fire!"
"Damnit!" Sienna growled as Kali returned to firing the gun. (Y/N) peaked his head around the cover to see their enemy. There were now a few, but they didn't look that tough. Also, it wouldn't be the first time he dodge bullets in the air.
"I can distract them!" He rolled out from behind the table and flew at the enemy. Kali called to him.
"(Y/N)!" The White Fang focused on the dragon. Thankfully, the adrenaline masked his earlier exhaustion and he was easily able to outmaneuver the assassins. He dove at one and slammed their head with his tail, making a crater beneath them. Sienna took advantage of the distraction to run up to the assailant and kicked one so hard they flew into a wall and got stuck in it. Kali took out the last one with a gun. The former high leader nodded at the boy.
"Not bad. Come on, they're likely swarming the place,"
Before they could leave, the lights went out and more White Fang came. Luckily, backup also arrived.
"Mrs Belladonna!" One guard greeted. The White Fang began shooting and this time they were forced to hide behind the pillars. Sienna and (Y/N) took a direct approach by bolting around the room and landing blows whenever they could. Kali backed them up with gunshots until eventually she ran out. She then grabbed a tea tray to block the shots, much to the bewilderment of one of the remaining guards.
"You have a better idea?" She asked.
One of the windows shattered as a male dove in and began strangling a guard, another following after him. Both had large bat wings, very similar to (Y/N)'s, but lacking the fireproof scales.
"Quite now," the one pinning the guard whispered. With a furious cry, Kali ran at him and knocked point blank in the head with the tea tray. The attack was so sudden and unexpected that the assailant didn't have the time to react or guard, so he slumped to the side, dazed.
"Yuma!" The other growled as he dove at Kali. (Y/N) was luckily faster and rammed into the White Fang member, sending them both rolling into the hall. Kali tried to run after the boy to make sure he wouldn't get hurt, but was tackled to safety by Sienna as another barrage of bullets reigned down. Kali shot up, still trying to get to (Y/N).
"We have to help! He'll get hurt!" Sienna grabbed her arm and shook her head.
"He'll be fine. He can take care of himself,"
"He's a little boy Sienna! He's not ready for this!" Sienna looked at her sternly.
"He's already gone through this Kali. That little boy is more capable than you're giving him credit for. (Y/N) needs to learn to fight for himself," The Belladonna mother wanted to continue to argue, but the bullets and Yuma getting back up prevented her. Realizing she had no choice but put her faith in (Y/N)'s abilities to get him through, she and tigress launched a ferocious counterattack on the intruders.
Outside, (Y/N) and the other bat Faunus rolled about on the ground, scratching and clawing until they eventually jumped away from each other. They both let out menacing growls and circled one another, their wings stretched out in intimidation. (Y/N) tail lashed angrily as he spat.
"Guess Adam's White Fang are nothing more than murdering brutes!"
"What would a stupid child know?" His enemy shot back. The boy hissed.
"I know more than you do. Attacking innocent people only ever makes things worse!"
"An outsider like you would never understand! Look at you! I'd barely call you Faunus! You're more monster than anything!" (Y/N) stiffened.
"I'm more Faunus than you or any of your friends,"
The two roared and sprang at each other. However, the dragon pushed to the side and gave him a good tail whip which sent him skidding. The bat stopped him and head butted the boy. (Y/N) cried out from the searing pain as he hovered in the air. The older male sneered as he flew at the boy. Thinking fast, (Y/N) shielded himself with his wings and began heating them up. As soon as the assailant touched them, he screamed in agony as the hot scales burned his flesh. As he was dazed by the pain, (Y/N) countered with a vicious right hook which sent him to the floor. Wanting to make sure the man could do anymore damage, he flew up to the ceiling and bounced off it, landing one last tail blow on the downed enemy. The guy was unconscious now, his eyes totally white. The boy snorted.
"Too back you don't have fireproof scales. Guy it pays to be a monster,"
He stopped his gloating when he smelled something very familiar: smoke. At first, he thought it came from heating his wings, but nope, thick plumes of the stuff proven that someone else had set the manor on fire.
"So much for trying to prevent that," he mumbled to himself. He followed the smoke and heard familiar voices down the hall.
"Blake! Sun!"
He raced down to the main room and saw it up in flames, and Blake fighting Ilia, Ghira battling the Albain brothers, and Sun swooping in to help Ghira. The monkey growled, seeing Ilia. Ghira nodded to him.
"Go help Blake!"
"On it!"
He charged with his staff and began fighting with the chameleon. Seeing the Albains charge at Ghira, (Y/N) grew the scales on to his arms and breathed fire on to them as he ran at them. He jumped on Fennec and began wailing on him while Ghira handled Corsac. The younger brother cried with each of the boy's wrathful strikes. Eventually, he pried (Y/N) off and threw him, only for Blake to step in between them.
"Don't you touch him!" She hissed. "(Y/N), are you okay!" The boy got up and shook his head before taking a spot next to his sister.
"I'm fine! Let's teach these fleabags some manners!"
The two dove at Fennec, who was overwhelmed by their superior teamwork. Blake aimed slow strikes to the stomach while (Y/N) landed heavy fast strikes to the chest and head. The intruder suddenly abandoned their fight as he ran to help his brother who was getting pummeled by Ghira. The Chieftain made quick work of him though. Blake then turned to Sun, who had Ilia pinned against a pillar.
"Stop!" She cried. The two turned to see her in tears. "Please,"
Ilia took advantage of Sun's split focus and side stepped away from his staff. Sun slipped and hit the pillar, causing the weaken support to give out as a section of the upper floor gave way. Sun immediately bounced away, but Ilia sat on the floor as it came down. Luckily, Ghira came to her rescue, supporting the weight alone.
"Go!" He urged, his voice strained by the load. As Ilia scrambled away, Sun and (Y/N) jumped in to help, both activating their semblances to help carry the load. Suddenly, Fennec charged at the vulnerable Ghira, intent on finishing it. Blake was quicker though. She tied Gamble Shroud to her father and pulled him to safety as Fennec dove at him. The younger Albain slide under the mass. (Y/N) tried to help him before one of Sun's clones pulled him to safety as the others gave way. There was an explosion as (Y/N) and the clone were blown back. Sun stopped his semblance and helped the dazed boy to his feet as the doors opened behind them. Sienna and Kali dragged an unconscious and tied up Yuma into the room. He looked like he had been beaten bloody by the two women.
"Mom!" Blake yelled as she tossed the assailant to the ground. Blake ran up to hug her mom as (Y/N) turned his head to Corsac who began to get to his feet.
"What have you done?" (Y/N) hissed, preparing for another fight. "You ruined everything! EVERYTHING!" before anyone could act, a yellow whip wrapped around him and electrocuted him, making him go down for the count. Ilia stood behind him, whip in her hand, before she broke down in tears. (Y/N) looked at her sadly as Blake rushed over to check his injuries and the guards rushed in to arrest the White Fang.
(Timeskip)
The whole group walked out of the smoking manor, Ghira carrying an injured guard and member of the White Fang, as they met the remainder of the Menagerie guard and Lou. The others began helping the injured out, save for (Y/N), who was barely managing to stay on his feet after everything. Ghira handed the guard off to another as Captain Saber began to give orders.
"Get in there! Search for any stragglers!" He turned to Ghira and Kali, who stood side by side. "We came as soon as we got the call," they turned to Corsac, who was being detained. Lou frowned and turned to his leader.
"And Fennec?"
Kali and Ghira shook their heads. The deer sighed before walking up to traitor, looking down at him.
"Was it worth it?" Corsac bowed his head, not saying a word.
Blake, who was at the front, looked back at Sun who was helping (Y/N) sit down. She then turned to Ilia, who looked away, before turning back to the people of Menagerie. She took a deep breath before marching towards the crowd.
"Blake!" Ghira said, reaching out for her. Kali stopped him in his tracks. Blake stood in front of the crowd.
"Humans didn't do this," she pointed to the smoke. "We did this. Faunus. We did this to ourselves," the crowd was silent with shame. "We are just as capable of hate and violence as the humans, but I don't think any of us would jump at the chance to point that out. So why are we letting Adam do it for us!? By doing nothing and staying silent, we let others speak and act in our place. And if we're not proud of the choices they make, then we have no one to blame but ourselves. This is the message Adam Taurus will bring to the world if no one stops him. But we can stop him! You have to understand that all of you are looking for simple answers to a very complicated problem, and I can't give that to you. I don't know how to make hate go away. I don't! But I know that this kind of violence is NOT the solution. I understand that to ask you to leave your homes and protect Haven Academy is asking you to put your lives at risk....but that's what's at stake. So I'm going, and I'll stand by myself if I have to,"
"I'll stand with you!" Ilia yelled as she stood up and walked towards Blake. "If...if you'd have me,"
"Isn't that the White Fang girl?" Someone murmured.
"I thought she hated the Belladonnas," Blake smiled at her as Saber held her back.
"You're not going anywhere!"
"Let her come," Blake ordered.
"You're just going to forgive her? After everything she did?"
"I am," Saber turned to Ghira and Sienna, who both nodded. The captain let her go. She walked to Blake.
"What does she think she's doing?" Saber asked Ghira, who smiled.
"She's learned a lesson that evaded me until I was much older: that there is strength in forgiveness," Sienna sighed with a smile.
"I think we all need to learn by her example. You be proud, Ghira," Blake put a hand on Ilia's shoulder as the people of Menagerie began to volunteer to defend Haven. Sun walked down the steps, (Y/N) on his back.
"Looks like we have work to do," Blake smiled at both of them.
"Thank you," Sun narrowed his eyes and pointed at Ilia.
"You stabbed me," she lowered her head in shame before (Y/N) jabbed her hard with his tail. He smiled at her bewildered look.
"There, now you two are even," the adults stepped down to join the younger Faunus. Lou was the first to speak.
"We have about two weeks before Adam's attack on Haven," Ghira nodded.
"We're going to need shields, training whatever we can do to protect as many people as possible,"
"We'll need transportation too," Kali added. "For everyone," Blake smiled, looking at Sun and (Y/N).
"I think we know a ship captain who owes us a favor," Sienna crossed her arms.
"Lou and I could gather support. After tonight, there's likely going to be deserters of Adam who may join us,"
"Would you trust them?" Ghira asked.
"We need every pair of hands we can get. Let me deal with any insubordination," everyone nodded in agreement before (Y/N) let out a large and loud yawn. Blake chuckled before plucking him from Sun's back.
"Come you, I think you've had enough excitement for one day,"
"Um Blake? The manor is still on fire,"