Side Story Chapter 2

Bonus Ch 2: The Hidden Kingdom
There was heavy silence after (Y/N) revealed the truth. No said anything, no one knew what to say. Ruby could feel the intensity of (Y/N) and he stared up sadly at the portrait. It was all too familiar, she felt it every time she thought of Summer. Sometimes, she'd forget how strong the young boy was. She had had her family to turn to after her mother's passing, but (Y/N) had no one, and he had to deal with it while being tortured and treated like a lab rat. Surprisingly, it was Qrow stepped up, placing his hand on the boy's shoulder.
"Kid,"
He took a deep breath, not taking his eyes off the painting.
"I'm fine. It's just so weird. This is where I lived, where my family lived, but...there's nothing, barely a memory left. It's all...gone,"
Everyone was silent again. (Y/N) eventually looked away from the photo and glanced around the room.
"Why is everything in pieces though?"
"It's been a couple of years kid-," Qrow tried to rationalize before Yang cut.
"This doesn't look like something done by time. This looks like someone was looking for something,"
"A little high up for burglars," Oscar commented. "(Y/N), is there anything they might've been looking for?"
"I-I don't know. Can we...look around? I might remember something,"
"Of course," Weiss told him, comfortingly touching his arm. "Don't push yourself though. If it becomes too much, we'll leave,"
"Okay,"
For a time, everyone began to rummage through the house. Weiss had volunteered silently to stay by (Y/N) as he more walked through his old home. As the older group searched for some indication of something valuable being stolen, they also made a bit of an effort clean up, maybe in their own way trying to offer what little comfort they could (Y/N).
Weiss followed the boy as he felt walls. He spent a long time looking into a small room. There were old wooden toys on the ground and a small bed hallowed out in the trunk of the tree. The blankets and pillow, once (F/C), were gray and black from age and neglected.
His old room.
He took a step in but felt something under his foot. He looked down and saw a small, handmade dragon plush.

 He looked down and saw a small, handmade dragon plush

(https://dailydragons.tumblr.com/post/181307770307/october-wing-submitted-handmade-dragon-plushies)
It was the same color as him, but it was one of those long dragons, with a small gold ring on the end of it's tail. It was dirty like the rest of the toys. Slowly, he picked it up. Even after all these years, it still had the faintest scent of all of them.
"I had this since I was born," He said quietly. "It was always my favorite. She told me to leave it here when we left because it would get dirty,"
The Schnee felt her heart crack at how empty he sounded. Her home was a nightmare, but she couldn't imagine going back to it with nothing, no one there, not even a whisper of a memory. The emptiness was...suffocating. Not knowing what else to do, she hugged him and smiled.
"Why don't we take it-,"
"Noodle," he half chuckled.
"Why don't we take Noodle back with us and get him cleaned up?"
"Yeah, I'd like that,"
They wandered away from the bedroom, Noodle peeking out of a bag (Y/N) had on his back. They then came across what appeared to be a master bedroom. The room was enormous. There was a king sized bed with aged crimson sheets and an elegantly woven carpet beneath it. There was a large wardrobe nearby and an intricate black end table at the foot of the bed. On either side, there were small tables, one of which had incense which had long since ended. On the far side was a giant window which took up nearly the entire wall. Clothes littered the ground. The little dragon stepped inside, looking at the bed. He could almost remember crawling in with his parents when a thunderstorm hit. He walked to the wardrobe and opened it. It was empty, save for a few shoes and clothes that were barely holding on to their hangers.
"Anything?" Weiss asked.
"No, it's emp- wait, there's something back here," he hopped in (it was very large). He felt something carved out in the back. Weiss walked up to the door of the wardrobe.
"What is it?"
"There's a door here. I just need to find...a nob or a notch. There!" He exclaimed as he found a grabbing hole at the bottom corner of the wardrobe concealed by a shoebox. Pulling the door back revealed a set of elegant armor.