Chapter 8: Sisters and Uncles

I own nothing
Chapter 8: It's Brawl in the Family
Team JNPR was victorious in their fight against team BRNZ, though there were several hiccups, including Jaune stopping the fight entirely for a team meeting only to unceremoniously sick Nora on their opponents ((Y/N) learned that exactly what a four way concussion looks like). Now the 2 teams were cheering on team SNNN.
"Go guys! Win this!" The little dragon cheered from Yang's lap as they and their opponents met on the field.
"Good luck Neptune!" Weiss cheered. A second later, (Y/N) could tell he was suddenly flirting with the female team. Weiss suddenly changed her tune as she clenched her fist.
"BREAK HIS STUPID FACE IDGO (?)!"
The battle field was then set, one half was a mountainous desert with a burning sun. (Y/N) closed his eyes and grinned.
"That feels nice," Yang also grinned.
"Enjoying yourself little dragon?"
"Very much,"
The other half of the field turned into an ocean with a marooned ship, and Neptune proceeded to begin freaking out.
"Ugh what's wrong with Neptune?" Ruby asked.
"Oh no," Blake groaned. "Neptune's...afraid of the water," (Y/N) tilted his head.
"But, his name is Neptune,"
The battle was complete chaos. Sage got taken out pretty early on and the guys had to play catch up the whole way through. Not helped by the fact Neptune refused to even look at the other half of the field. Scarlet and Sun seemed to get an upper hand after pulling them towards the ship, only for Yang to quickly cover (Y/N)'s eyes after Sun dodged 2 flaming coconut shots, though he did hear Scarlet squeak weakly.
"Yang, what happened?"
"Don't look (Y/N), for yours and Scarlet's sakes,"
Eventually, the guys managed to win the fight after Sun finally managed to get Neptune close enough to the water to electrify it with his trident, knocking the remaining 3 girls out. They danced victoriously. Ruby sighed in relief.
"Oh that was close,"
"Looks like the dorks made it to the next round!" Yang said enthusiastically.
"Emphasis on dorks," Blake added with a blush.
"That concludes the matches for today, please exit the coliseum in a CALM AND ORDERLY FASHION!" Oobleck yelled over the speaker, causing everyone to flinch. Yang scooped up     (Y/N) and got up.
"Come on, let's go congratulate them!" As Blake and Yang began moving ahead, (Y/N) noticed Weiss and Ruby running in the opposite direction to Beacon. Out of curiosity, he decided to follow them. He tugged Yang's sleeve.
"Yang, can I go with Ruby and Weiss?"
"Hm? Oh, uh sure, but no wandering off,"
"Got it!"
He flew off after the other girls and they eventually came to the courtyard where a ship was landing.
"Weiss!" Ruby cried as she and (Y/N) tailed her. "What is the big deal? Who is it? Who is she?" Weiss finally stopped.
"Winter,"
A very elegant woman who looked and was clothed very similarly to Weiss stepped out of the ship. Ruby looked in surprise.
"Wait, your sister?"
"You have a sister Weiss?" (Y/N) asked. Weiss didn't hear him as she called out.
"Winter!"
The older woman turned as the trio approached.
"Winter! I'm so happy to see you!" Weiss greeted enthusiastically before composing herself and curtsying. "Oh, your presence honors us," the elder Schnee looked around.
"Beacon, it's been a long time. The air feels...different,"
"I mean it is fall," Ruby suggested. "It's probably colder," Weiss subtly whacked her leader on the shoulder, nearly knocking her down. While (Y/N) helped Ruby, she talked to her sister.
"So, what are you doing here?"
"Classified,"
"Oh right. Well, how long are you staying?"
"Classified,"
"Of course,"
Both Ruby and (Y/N) were felt very awkward, especially (Y/N) who quickly hide behind Ruby and under her hood.
"Well, this is nice...I think," Ruby said before Weiss blurted out.
"You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot but so much of Beacon is different than Atlas! Vale too! The government and school are completely separate, can you believe it! I was-,"
"I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its bureaucracy. That is not why I came,"
"Right, I'm sorry,"
"Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle, but it seems like I have no choice in the matter,"
"But we won!"
"Only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least 3 strikes missed. Leave us," the robotic soldiers backed off as the elder Schnee continued to look down on them.
"How have you been?"
"Oh splendid! Thank you for asking! I'm actually in the very top ranking of our sparring class. The rest of my studies are going wonderfully. I'm-," she was cut off with a knock to the head, making (Y/N) sink his claws into Ruby's hood. He wasn't really liking Winter very much.
"Silence you boob! I don't recall asking about your ranking. I asked how you've been," she smiled surprisingly. "Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?"
"Well, there's Ruby," the silver eyed girl snorted.
"Boob,"
"I see, so this is the leader you wrote of. How appropriately...underwhelming,"
"Uhhh, thank you," (Y/N) tugged on her hood.
"I think that's a bad thing Ruby,"
"Greetings Ruby Rose. I wish to thank you for taking an interest in my sister,"
"Oh, yes, of course! The honor is in my...court!" Ruby sputtered as she attempted to curtsy, nearly tripping. (Y/N) was forced from his hiding spot as Winter finally caught sight of him.
"And, the boy?" Weiss quickly picked him up before he could hide again.
"Oh right! I didn't get a chance to write to you about him yet! This is (Y/N), he's an orphan we rescued from a Nevermore. We've been taking care of him for a few months now. Ruby and Yang even gave him both their last names so he's (Y/N) Rose Xiao Long now. Forgive him, he's a little shy. (Y/N), say hello to my sister,"
"Um..h-hi?" He stuttered. Winter still had a stern look, but a softer tone in her eyes.
"I see. Greetings (Y/N) Rose Xiao Long. I see you're some sort of lizard faunus,"
"Well, a-actually I'm a dragon faunus m-m-ma'am," he flapped his wings a bit, much to Winter's surprise. Weiss gently pulled one out to show it off better.
"Amazing isn't he? Professor Ozpin he could be the last of his kind! And he has so many amazing powers! We've already begun battle training with him and he's learning at an incredible rate and-,"
"You're hardly more than a student yourself, you shouldn't be training a small child," Winter snapped back. (Y/N) looked down.
"Well, Ozpin trains me too," Winter pondered this.
"The headmaster himself? In any case, I will have to judge your abilities in order to measure the competency of my sister," She looked at Weiss. "I have business with the general and your headmaster, but seeing as I'm early, why don't you take me to your quarters?"
"Really?" Weiss asked enthusiastically as they began to move.
"Yes, I wish to inspect them and make sure they are up to my personal standards. (Y/N)," the little dragon stiffened as the elder woman looked at him. "You will accompany us as your skills will need to be evaluated soon," he shrunk back before Weiss answered for him.
"Of course. Just so you're aware, the bunk beds only look unstable,"
"Bunk beds?" Ruby waved to them as (Y/N) crept a safe distance from the Schnees.
"I'll catch up-wait uh, I mean, I will...reconvene with you 3 at a later...juncture! At a juncture yeah,"
"Ruby I'm scared!" (Y/N) mouthed to her. The red hood girl only mouthed an apology and took off. The boy sighed and resigned himself to his fate and followed quietly behind them. As they headed towards the school, (Y/N) paused a moment and turned back to see a man aggressively approaching the robots. After a quick soul check, (Y/N) could tell he wasn't exactly a threat, but he was aggravated for some reason and clearly not someone to be messed with. He scuttled quickly to Weiss and hugged her, much to the shock of both her and Winter.
"(Y/N)?"
"Trouble," he said before the mysterious man caught their attention by dismantling both robots and throwing a severed robotic head at them.
"Hey!" he challenged. "Yeah, I'm talking to you, Ice Queen," as the other robots began to move in, Winter called them off.
"Halt!" Weiss, dispute (Y/N)'s protests, marched up to the stranger.
"Excuse me! Do you have any idea who you're talking to?"
"Ssshhh, not you," the man insisted before pushing her aside to glare at Winter.
"You," for some reason, a cawing crow suddenly took (Y/N)'s attention away from the adults as it began flying about. He didn't know why though. He regained focus as Winter introduced the man as Qrow, a name that was familiar for some reason.
"Wait, you 2 know each other?" Weiss asked.
"Geeze, you Atlas specialist think you're so special, don't you?"
"It's in the title,"
"Well, you know what you really are? A buncha sellouts. Just like your boss," Winter looked ready to kill him.
"I'm not sure what you think you're implying, but I've heard enough,"
"Oh I heard too. I heard ol' Ironwood finally turned him back on Ozpin,"
"Ozpin?" Weiss asked.
"What about General Ironwood?" (Y/N) asked, thinking of the man he had met in Ozpin's office. Winter pushed them both away.
"Weiss, it's time for you to take (Y/N) and leave,"
"What?"
"Listen to big sister Weiss," Qrow taunted. "She'll protect you. Just like Atlas is gonna protect all of us, huh?"
"If you won't hold your tongue," Winter pointed her sword threateningly. "Then I will gladly remove it for you,"
"Alright then, come take it," Winter bursted at Qrow so quickly, it spooked (Y/N) into flying a few feet off the ground. At first, Qrow seemingly was teasing Winter before they started trading serious blows. Ruby then showed up.
"What's going on?"
"Some crazy guy just started attacking my sister!" Weiss answered.
"Oh no! Who would do tha-aaat is my uncle!"
"What?"
"Oh, uncle Qrow! That's where I heard it from," (Y/N) realized out loud.
"Kick her butt uncle Qrow!" Ruby cheered. Weiss, not to be out done, followed suit.
"Teach him respect Winter!"
The battle became more and more fierce as it drew out. Winter managed to jump away from a strike which shattered the courtyard, sending stones flying. (Y/N) instinctively cover his face, only for the rocks to bounce off his now scaled arms. Qrow chased the Schnee with his shotgun until she jumped back in after splitting her sword into 2 weapons. Eventually, she summoned a barrage of birds to swarm Qrow, who withstood it, and a giant glyph symbol appeared behind her, one (Y/N) recognized as a glyph Weiss used for speed. Qrow looked like he was about to get serious when his weaponed began morphing, only to stop midway through and taunted Winter. (Y/N), sensing a familiar soul, looked behind him and saw Ironwood approaching with Penny, surprisingly.
"Uh oh," he said as Winter charged.
"Schnee!" Winter's sword was an inch from Qrow's throat as she turned to face the General.
"General Ironwood, sir!"
"What in the world do you think you're doing?"
"He started the altercation, sir!"
"That's not actually true," Qrow chimed in. "She attacked first,"
"Is that right?" Winter looked embarrassed and ashamed as Ironwood gazed at Qrow.
"And you, what are you doing here?"
"I could be asking you the same thing,"
"I-,"
"Now now everyone," Ozpin appeared with Goodwitch, interrupting the males. "There is a sanctioned fight happening just around the corner at the coliseum that I assure you has better seats and popcorn,"
"Break it up everyone," Glynda demanded. "We will take care of this mess,"
"Let's go," Ironwood ordered as the soldiers followed. Ruby, after both she and (Y/N) waved at Penny, leapt at her uncle.
"Uncle Qrow!" She hung off his arm. "Hi! Ahh, it's so good to see you! Did you miss me? Did you miss me?!" He smirked.
"Nope," he ruffled her hair lovingly before Ozpin called out.
"Qrow!" Qrow dropped his arm, causing Ruby to slid off roughly. "A word please,"
"I think I'm in trouble," he joked.
"You did kinda tear up our courtyard,"
"Yeah, I did," he fist bumped his niece. "Catch you later kid," As he left, Weiss and (Y/N) both approached Ruby.
"And suddenly your recklessness makes sense," the Schnee pointed out.
"You're just mad cause he whooped butt,"
"That was a draw at best," Weiss affirmed before looking at (Y/N) arms. "Sweetie are you alright?" He nodded.
"I'm fine! Didn't feel a thing through my scales," Weiss held up his arms in order make sure he was telling the truth as Ruby gazed at the in interest.
"Man, those are sure gonna come in handy (Y/N)," he blew a strand of hair from his face.
"I just wish I knew how many more of these I'm gonna get,"
"Just be patient (Y/N)," Weiss said. "All you can do is wait and see," he groaned.
"I know," he then gazed back at Beacon just as the adults disappeared inside. He wondered what exactly they were going to talk about.