The Journey begins.

Nathara's POV:
I finally arrived at Director Clavells home, determined as ever.

 Nathara's POV:I finally arrived at Director Clavells home, determined as ever

As I reached out to touch the doorknob, I was stopped by the door swinging open.

"Welcome, you two." He nodded at me, and then the boy behind me. His name is Ayaz.

Ayaz is my best friend. We've known each other since forever! We both are FINALLY heading to Naranja Academy together! Best part is.. IM IN ON SCHOLARSHIP!

"Hello, director."

"Here for your starters I assume?"

"I mean.. I already have my Ekans." I gestured to my Ekans wrapped around My arm.

"Don't be dumb, Nathara. The starters Clavell gives out are always super powerful.. You'd be missing out." That's what Ayaz said. He is obsessed with Grusha! I'm a big fan of Nemona! 

We've been waiting for YEARS  (3 years) to finally be able to go to this school. There was a huge accident and no one could attend! So instead of attending at 11 we are attending at 14 and 15!

Director Clavell then released 3 starters! This cute- but duh fire type, a smart water type, and a playful grass type! I wasn't really interested because I like Dragon,poison, and fighting types!

"Do I need to choose one..?"

"Choosing a starter isn't necessary for you since you have Ekans, but you may pick one if you'd like. Ayaz will choose first, though."

Ayaz chose Spirigatto the grass type cat!

I pondered for a moment then walked up to the fire type crocodile. "I choose you buddy. I name you.. Sparx."

Ayaz's POV:
I silently watched as Director Clavell swung open the door, almost hitting Nathara in the face. She didn't even flinch. They began talking, but my mind was somewhere else. Nathara and I weren't able to attend Naranja when we were younger due to an accident that happened in Mesagoza. They were secretive about it, but word eventually got out that Team Star ruined the school with their pokémon.

I shook my head, snapping out of my thoughts. I watched as Clavell released the starter pokémon into his yard. Quaxly, Sprigatito, and Fuecoco.

Nathara's eyes were immediately drawn to Fuecoco, understandably. Most people chose fire type pokémon as their first, due to their strength. My attention drew to Sprigatito as it pounced around in the grass, swatting it's paw at the petals of a flower. I picked the pokémon and stared at it, only for it to stare back with the same expression.

I grinned, it grinned. I frowned, it frowned. I even stuck my tongue out at it, and it still copied me."Clavell, I want this one." I pointed at the small grass pokémon. Clavell nodded. "You'll make a fine trainer."

Then, there were footsteps. Something ran past me, and I hugged Sprigatito to my chest, squeezing my eyes shut. I only opened them when I heard a gasp, and an unfamiliar voice. Standing in front of me was a girl, about a year older than me. She had tan skin, dark hair, and brown eyes.

She turned to Nathara, and they both began talking at a million miles per hour. Director Clavell sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Nemona, please.." He muttered, and the girls giggled.

Nemona? One of the champion ranked trainers? Now I understand why her and Nathara were so excited. Nathara is a huge fan of Nemona, and I'm pretty sure she has some type of crush on her.. Nemona was always energetic, and itching to battle someone. She was pokémon maniac!

Nemona took a pokéball from her side. "I want to battle you right now, Nathara!" She yelled, even though Nathara was right in front of her. Even from a few feet away I felt as if her voice could bust my eardrums.. "Nemona, you're too strong for her. At least wait until the treasure hunt." The mention of a treasure hunt caught my attention.