Rumors.

Ayaz's POV

I made my way to the second gym, which was located in Atrazon. The gym leader is Brassius, who specializes in grass-type pokémon.

His gym challenge wasn't as hard as I thought since the town was small, and the Sunflora was pretty noticeable. I walked onto the battlefield and gave Brassius a cocky grin. I held Cetitan's miniature pokéball in between my fingers, rolling it between them.

"Greetings, challenger! You did well to come this far. I am Brassius—an artist specializing in grass-type pokémon. I am also the gym leader here at the Atrazon gym." He took a breath in and grinned back at me.

"I was observing your gym test from atop the windmill, you know. The perception you displayed in finding Sunflora was truly... Oh, how shall I describe it?" Somehow, his grin got even wider. "Yes! It was truly avant-garde! I only pray that you might demonstrate that eye for beauty in our battle as well." He then shook his head and took a pokéball from his side. "Enough talk! We must begin creating our collaborative work of art."

We both took a step back, "I trust that you are ready? It is time for our masterpiece to take shape!" And with that, he released his first pokémon, Petlil. I was a little torn on who I would choose to battle, but in the end, I decided to show off Cetitan.

With both pokémon on the field, I noticed Petlil cowering at the size of Cetitan. "Art is creation and destruction! Struggle, else your defeat will nourish my pokémon."

I got to make the first move, so with a quick Ice Fang, Petlil fainted. I did the same with his next pokémon, knocking it out with my first attack."This has promise, yes! Let us lead this artistic endeavor to its conclusion at once!" He then sent out his ace, Sudowoodo, who he, of course, decided to teralize. I teralized Cetitan, hoping I'd knock it out instantly like the other two.

With a risky Blizzard, the entire field and what was around it had been turned white. I was guessing that I'd won, but I couldn't hear anything until the mist had cleared.

Brassius was scratching and pulling at his hair, but he didn't look angry. "Avant-garde!" We both discarded our pokémon and walked toward each other.

"Oh, what artistic tactics you employ! The patterns of your moves, the minute details of your pokémon's performance! Everything you did was–" I quickly cut him off. What was up with gym leaders and talking so much? "Okay, okay! I get it. You think I was good.. Uhm, can I have my gym badge, please?" He looked a bit shocked but agreed and sent me on my way.

I decided to look around for a new pokémon, but my phone began to vibrate like crazy! I checked it, and my jaw dropped.

People were spreading rumors about me and Nathara dating!? Geez, couldn't people mind their own business?

I sighed and decided to go back to my dorm, where I lay the rest of the night without touching my phone.

Nathara's POV:
I was getting ready to go to my third gym when my phone started ringing like crazy. I checked my phone and saw photos of me and Ayaz lying in bed resting with a caption of "AYAZ AND NATHARA ARE DATING!?"

I threw my phone across the room,put Dratini in their pokeball, and laid on my bed embarrassed. We weren't dating! We were just really good friends. Friends can cuddle! I grabbed my phone and texted Ayaz. "Did you see the rumors..?"

I then put my phone away and kept getting ready for my third gym. I grabbed all 3 of my pokeballs and left for the Electric gym.

Once I arrived I did the gym challenge and walked out to the battlefield.
I stared in awe as I sent out Dratini.
SHE LOOKED SO COOL! I got first move. I made dratini hit her Wattrel with Dragons breath knocking it out immediately. I switched to Fuecoco and wiped out the rest with terrastalizing fuecoco on the last one. After I eon I grabbed my gym badge and ran home healing my pokemon on the way. I was still so embarrassed. Well.. I wish we were dating but it would be weird.

We're just friends..right?