First Encounters

Nathara's POV:
After picking up Sparx, Pytho wrapped around him. Shortly after I heard footsteps behind me.

"Hi, director Clavell!" The unfamiliar voice said. I stood up and looked around, then saw my IDOL! Nemona! She was standing right in front of me! Director Clavell introduced us to her and her to us. All I could was stare in awe, and then I squealed when I realized.

"OH. MY. GOSH! Hi! I'm Nathara, and it's so great to meet you! You're my idol! I strive to be like you one day!"

"Why, thank you! So that means you're gonna become an awesome champion trainer like me, right!?"

"That's my hope and dream!" I gestured to my Ekans.

"Thia is Pytho! He's my level 22 Ekans!"

"WOAH! Do you have that super awesome level tracking app, too!? I JUST KNOW YOUR GONNA BE SUPER COOL! LET'S BATTLE!" I was about to send out my Ekans as she reached for a pokeball, but Directoe Clavell interrupted,

"Now, now Nemona, you're too powerful for her. At least wait for the treasure hunt first." Now THAT caught my attention.

"Treasure Hunt?"

"Oh yes, you probably don't know about that yet. We'll you will see in class today. That's all for now. I'll see you 3 shortly." Dorector Clavell was so mysterious! I wondered what he meant, but I shrugged it off! I waved goodbye and turned to Ayaz.

"AREN'T YOU SO EXCITED!? I wonder what treasure hunt meant! I wonder what classes we'll have.. Will we be outcasts? I wonder if people will like my Ekans-" I was then cut off by Ayaz.

"Woah now, Nathara."

"Oh- sorry!" I laughed and ran off, hugging Ayaz and waving.

I walked to the path and twirled, looking at all the pokemon. There were so many different species, for example, Lechonk,Drifloon,Flittle, and Magikarp. They were all so beautiful and unique. I was just walking when Sparx jumped down and bumped into a pokemon. The wild pokemon started fighting Sparx, and I panicked.

I realized this was my first encounter. I didn't know how to fight with Sparx yet, so. I switched him out with Ekans. I then started fighting with Ekans.

In the end, we came out victorious, and I had adrenaline rushing through my veins. My Ekans then started sparkling.

"Pytho..?" I was scared and panicked. Then, all of a sudden, he levitated and became an Arbok.

"PYTHO! YOU EVOLVED!"

Ayaz's POV:
As me and Nathara parted ways, I made it my goal to become the strongest ice type trainer there was. I would beat Grusha, and become the next champion ranked trainer! My goal for the year was set, and it's not that easy for me to give up.

I made my way to Mesagoza, where I met other students, explored the town, and bought picnic foods. Sprigatito and I enjoyed a small picnic outside of Mesagoza, and walked around for a bit in the wild. Sprigatito was agile, dodging practically every attack other pokémon sent it's way.

My first battle in the wild was done, but then I went on to fight other trainers. I lost a couple of times, but there was always a poké-center nearby. Lucky me.

Then, I saw Nathara. My eyes widened as she made her Fuecoco use ember, immediately knocking out the bug type she was fighting. She was so strong. It's not like she doesn't have experience with training pokémon, I mean, she's had Ekans for the longest time.

Once my expression had gone back to normal, my eyes quickly widened again. There was a large Arbok coming her way. Instinctively, I tackled her out of the way.

"Nathara, are you okay!?" I turned to see Sprigatito rubbing against Arbok, it's purr louder than ever. "Kitty, no!" I was hyperventilating. Why? I've never freaked out this much. I felt a hand on my back. "Ayaz, what's up? Are you.. okay?" She spoke softly, and I felt my face heat with embarrassment.

I got up and dusted the dirt off my pants. "Yup, fine! I thought that Arbok was going to attack you.. But it seems friendly?"

Nathara snorted and got up. "That's Pytho, sillyy!" Oh! Ekans had evolved. Geez, how could I be so stupid!? I just embarrassed myself for no reason!

We both headed back to Mesagoza, and sat down at a sandwhich shop.

"Sorry, Nathara."