Realization.

Ayaz's POV:
There I was, standing in front of the first gym. My head was pounding... What is wrong with me? I shook my head, shrugging off the bad feels. I went through the gym challenge and obviously got it done pretty fast. Now, onto fighting the gym leader.

Katy is the name of the gym leader. She specializes in bug type pokémon.

A Vivillon floated above her, munching on some sort of pastry. "Eat up, my cute little Vivillon!" The pokémon spun around in excitement and quickly flew off. Katy then turned to me, crossing her arms quickly. "Oh? What a lovely trainer you are. Thank you very much for your skillful olive rolling. It was quite impressive." She smiled and uncrossed her arms. "Oh? Did I forget to introduce myself? Forgive-"

I cut her off. "I already know who you are! Katy, right?" She stared at me for a moment and nodded. "Anywho.. Don't let your guard down unless you would like to find yourself knocked off your feet!" We both stepped back, and she released her first pokémon, Nymble.

I sent out Floragato, hoping to knock out Katy's team in one blow.

"Don't take my bug-type pokémon lightly. You will be in for a world of pain if you do!" She giggled.

I got to make the first move. "Floragato, quick attack!" She sprinted around the battle field, and tackled Nymble. She began swatting it around with her paws. "Auh.." Nymble then used Double Kick, knocking Floragato away. "Floragato, scratch!" She ran at the small bug pokémon, and continuously scratched at it.

Nymble fainted!Katy then sent out Tarountula, but Floragato quickly knocked it out as well.

"Oh? You're quite good, aren't you. How should I roll things out from here?" She sighed and sent out her final pokémon, Teddiursa.

Teddiursa? That's not a bug type.

"Now, my little pokémon! Time to break free from your cocoon and come into your own!" She then teralized Teddiursa, making it a bug type.

I teralized Floragato, but of course, it kept its original typing.

Teddiursa used Fury Swipes, but Floragato avoided the attack! Floragato then used bite, landing a critical hit!

"Feast your eyes on my shining bug decoration! Though this one is not so sweet!"

Teddiursa used Fury Cutter, immediately making Floragato faint! I gasped and returned Floragato to it's pokéball.

I can't lose, not when I'm so close to victory!

"Go, Cetoddle!" I released Cetoddle onto the battlefield. Before Teddiursa could land another attack, Cetoddle used Body Slam, making Katy's final pokémon faint.

I did it. I defeated gym leader Katy!

I squealed with joy and hugged onto Cetoddle. "All of my sweet little pokémon dropped like flies!" Katy spoke. We both returned our pokémon to their pokéballs. "Your strength rose during our battle like a nice bread in the oven. I feel that I may need to work on my own strength as well!" She smiles at me and clears her throat.

"Congratulations! You passed! As proof as your victory against me-the gym leader-allow me to present you with this gym badge. I hope you'll enjoy it alongside a heaping serving of some deluxe handmade treats."

After she gave me the badge, I ran off. What kind of professional talks that much!? I sat down on the stairs and grabbed a pack of Skittles from my pocket. I heard someone walking towards me, and when I looked up, I saw Nathara with a big, goofy grin on her face.

Natharas POV:
I pulled out a bag of reeses pieces. For some reason, I miss him more than ever right now. I ate like 3 small packs and put them away. I decided to go search for him. I figured he was probably at a gym, so I headed down and met him at the steps.

"Hey! I brought picnic stuff!" I set out a picnic and dragged him down.

"I wanna talk about our goals!"
Me and Ayaz talked about our goals for hours upon hours. I told him about me wanting to become a Poison champion trainer and how I want to defeat all the gyms. He told me he wants to be the best ice trainer. All I could do was zone out into his eyes and smile.

After the picnic I headed to my dorm. All thst was on my mind was Ayaz. I couldn't stop thinking about him.

"Why am I acting like this.." when I got to my dorm I called my friend.

"Hey Nath! What's wrong?",

"I think I'm in love."