Chapter 141 - 150

ʚChapter 141

    ====================

    "...The village head?"

    Lian Yun stared at the old man in front of him without blinking.

    Lanna noticed that she was not in a good mood, and went to touch her stiff hand, only to feel a coldness.

    "My lord!" Lanna called her softly, burning with anxiety.

    The Lord of Lake Buli was stunned, and looked at Fang Suo, the only one he knew who was frowning: "What's the matter?"

    Fang Suo thought over what Lian Yun had just muttered twice, walked up to her, and asked tentatively. She: "My lord, do you... know the city owner?"

    These words seemed to bring her back to her thoughts.

    She finally moved.

    "You, don't you remember me?" Lian Yun asked with a tight voice, his eyes fixed on the old man in front of him, and he didn't relax for a moment.

    Because of nervousness, he didn't even realize that he was holding Lanna's hand tightly.

    Lan Na gently stroked Lian Yun's back with his other hand, and looked at the city lord opposite him with a worried face.

    The city lord pointed to himself, with a hesitant expression on his face: "Although... little girl, you may have seen me? But I really don't know you."

    Seeing that Lianyun's face turned pale, the city lord hastily added: "How about, you can give me A little reminder?"

    Lian Yun bit his lower lip and stared into the eyes of the old man: "I, Lian Yun. I grew up in the village since I was a child. You sent me to college. You are still very happy that someone finally took the exam. Going to college. We often set up a big table in the yard to eat with our uncles and aunts. We..."

    Lian Yun suddenly stopped.

    She closed her eyes gently, hiding all her emotions.

    Only Lanna could hear her almost inaudible murmur: "No. I grew up beside you, how could you not recognize me." "

    You are not the village chief."

    After a while, Lian Yun opened her eyes, only a tear fell from the corner of her eye.

    Looking at the girl again, she no longer had the uncontrollable emotions just now.

    "I'm sorry. You look too much like an old friend of mine."

    Lian Yun pulled out a far-fetched smile.

    "I haven't seen him for a long time, I miss him so much."

    But...they really look alike.

    The city lord breathed a sigh of relief, and smiled easily: "So that's the case, and I think you are very kind."

    Lian Yun paused: "Really?"

    The city lord dragged a chair for the three of them while talking : "No. Do the two of us look similar to the people around us?"

    Both of them have oriental faces, with soft and delicate outlines.

    Especially the city lord, who is getting older, but it is still not difficult to see the elegance and demeanor of his youth.

    "Maybe, we really met each other in our previous life." The city lord smiled and narrowed his eyes.

    These words touched a certain corner of Lian Yun's heart, and she almost couldn't help crying again.