Prologue

This is just a reenactment of the scene where Tristan and Rory talk in the gardens after they kissed. I just changed it a bit at the end.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

"So we're supposed to talk." The tall blonde boy awkwardly said while walking.

"Yeah," the brunette girl sighed. "Look, about the other night-"

"I was upset over Summer." He interrupted her.

"Yes, and I was upset over Dean."

Tristan stops walking and turns to the girl next to him. "So, then it doesn't mean anything. Right?"

"Right." She nodded, still a bit awkward.

"So then right. That's it." He chuckled. "We just chalk it up to a bad night." He turned to the bench, but kept standing.

She did the same and looked at him. "I'm sorry that I cried."

"No problem." He muttered, eyebrows furrowed while looking away from the girl.

"I swear it had nothing to do with the kiss." Rory said, feeling bad.

He scoffed. "I kissed you, you cried." He gestured with his hands smiling despite being hurt. "That had to have something to do with the kiss."

"I cried because I was confused. Because I hadn't cried." She finally sat down on the wooden bench behind them. "I didn't cry because of the kiss. It was a nice kiss." She muttered.

"Yeah?" He grinned, while slowly sitting down, still staring at her.

"Very nice. Not at all crying material." She smiled.

"Really?" He asked, his eyes lighting up.

"Absolutely." She finally turned her head to look back at him.

"Wanna try it again?" He smirked.

"I think someone's recovering from their heartbreak just fine."

"Yeah, I'm all better." His expression turned serious. "I think I'm gonna swear off girls for a while."

"Ha!" She chuckled.

"What?" He turned back to her, the corners of his mouth turning upwards.

"Uh, sorry, nothing. You said you were gonna swear off girls, it's- it's funny." She said her eyebrows raised.

"You don't think I can?" He moved back a bit, an eyebrow raised, a little bit offended.

"I think you can, I just think it would be hard for you." She said. "It'd probably involve some kind of lockup facility, and one of those Hannibal lecter masks."

"Okay yes, it would be hard but not impossible." He pointed with his finger.

"Maybe it's not so much swearing off all girls, but swearing off a certain kind of girl." Rory stated.

"Meaning?" The blonde raised a brow.

"Meaning next time you should pick a girl with a little bit more... substance." She said. "You know, a girl who's smart, and... is driven, and has ambition." She said sincerely.

"How do I even find a girl like that? We're at Chilton." He said genuienly.

Rory started laughing. "That was a good joke just now."

"What?" He stared at her confused.

"Don't worry. You'll find a girl like that somewhere eventually. Maybe she's not even at this school."

"Guess you're right..." he looked away.

"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship." She smiled.

"Who's Louis?" He turned back to her, perplexed.

"Just think." The brunette grinned one last time and stood up to leave, Tristan following behind her.

"Rory, wait." He grabbed her hand, the school bell rang and soon, everyone was heading to class.

"What's up?" She turned around.

"I've... got to tell you something." He blushed a bit. 'You can do this Tristan, just tell her how you feel.'

"Oh my god, i forgot! I have something to tell you too. Can i please go first?"

How could he say no to her beautiful blue eyes? "Fine."

"I'm leaving for two months and a half, maybe a bit more! My grandpa and I are going to travel pretty much everywhere, just like he promised." She smiled, her eyes sparkling in excitement.

His eyes widened as his heart dropped. "What? But what about school?"

"He said he'd talk to the headmaster so that I could study and do my work while I'm away." She explained. "Can you believe it?"

"No I uh... I really can't. That's great for you I'm glad." He clenched his jaw and looked down to his feet, his demeanour suddenly becoming serious.

"But enough about me. What did you want to tell me again?" Rory fiddled with her fingers.

"It's noth-"

"What in god's name are the two of you doing in the courtyard at this time?! Class is about to start in thirty seconds!" A counselor noticed them while walking by.

"Right well, I'd better go." Rory said as she waved and turned around.

"Right." He mumbled to himself as he walked to class, his head hanging low.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.