Chapter 2

P.S., this is still the same day as the previous chapter

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

"So I was wondering, if the teacher doesn't give me notes, if I could borrow yours?"

He stared at you intently.

"Tristan?"

"Sorry." He snapped out of it. "What did you say again?"

"I was wondering if I could borrow your notes."

"Notes... notes.." he kept staring at you.

"Are you okay?"

"After a lot of analyzing, I have concluded that you, new girl, are in fact very pretty."

"Seriously?" You rolled your eyes. "I don't know why you're trying to comfort me or whatever, but I really don't need it. I'm fine the way I am."

"I know. I just find you really pretty." He said sincerely.

You stared at him wide-eyed. "That was good. You almost got me."

"What?" He chuckled.

"Notes, Tristan. Focus."

"I'd love to pass you my notes, but I don't really take any."

"You a smart kid?"

"Prodigy, actually."

The both of you smiled and heard the bell ring. It was so loud, even when you were outside the building.

Tristan held the door for you. "Ladies first."

You walked in. "So this is the actual school." You looked around.

"You didn't come with your parents here before?"

"No, they're too busy."

"But today's your first day right? Parents come with their kid on the first day."

"Yeah well, they're busy. For the whole signing papers or whatever and meeting the principal thing, they said they'd take care of it."

"So now you're stuck with me." He smiled.

"Yeah. What a tragedy."

The both of you laughed.

"What's your locker number?"

"C1257?" You read on your schedule.

"Not far from mine. Good." He started walking.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I can see you more often." He grinned.

"Are you always this corny?"

"I'm romantic. Not corny." He shrugged.

That's when you suddenly noticed people starting to stare at you and Tristan.

"Are you this popular?" You continued walking.

"Yeah." His expression quickly became serious. Like he was mad. Maybe he didn't like being popular. "Sorry. I know this must be uncomfortable for you."

"Not at all Tristan." You looked straight ahead of you, while he stared at you while walking.

He blushed as he looked at you. Was it wrong for him to like the way a stranger he'd met five minutes ago pronounced his name? He couldn't tell.

"1257... 1257..." you checked the numbers on the lockers.

"Here." He found it for you.

"Thanks." You checked on the paper you were holding, looking for the password to your lock. You opened it and got a few books of your backpack out. That's when you noticed Tristan was still standing there.

"Thanks for helping. You don't have to stay here. I think your friends are waiting for you." You looked behind him and he turned around. A group of girls were waving at him and giggling. "Typical." You laughed.

He stared at you as you laughed.

"You need to stop doing that." You say.

"Doing what?"

"Staring. Didn't your parents teach you it's impolite."

"Can't help it when the girl in front of me is so pretty."

"You mean the girl behind you?"

"No." He chuckled.

You checked your schedule. "I have English now. Mr. Medina?"

"Me too."

'Maybe this day isn't gonna be so bad.' The blonde grinned to himself while biting his lip at the thought of having english with you first period.

"That's nice. At least I'll have someone I know."

"We could walk to class toge-" The boy was interrupted.

"Hey Tristan!" A beautiful girl snuck up on him from behind and covered his eyes with her hands. You slightly cringed at the gesture. "Guess who?"

"Marissa?" You could see him smirk.

"Uh... no. Guess again." The girl got a little bit skeptical.

"Angela?"

"No! Who are these girls?!"

She had a really heavy valley girl accent.

'This is so cliché.' You thought to yourself.

"I'm just joking. You're Bethany."

The girl slowly took her hands away from his face. "No! I can't believe this!" She yelled at him.

You watched him roll his eyes and softly laughed to yourself at the scene.

'This guy is way funnier than I thought he'd be.'

"I'm gonna head to class." You mumbled to him while the other girl kept yelling.

His pov

"Wait-" he tried to stop you but you were already gone. He turned to the girl next to him. "Listen Beatrice,"

"It's Kimberly!"

"Right, Kayla. Listen, I really think we should talk another time. You see, I have priorities in life."

"Duh. Me."

"That's cute." He chuckled. "Why don't you go find a guy who actually prioritizes you?" He slowly walked away from her. "Oh! And make sure he actually knows your name!" He ran off to go find you.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.