Chapter 12

A/N: A new character is introduced in this chapter, so the additional characters chapter has been updated with the new character. You can check it out after or before you read this. It's up to you :).

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

You walked the halls of Chilton High with your hands to your sides, one of them holding your books and pencil case against your hip.

You noticed in the corner of your eye, a boy kneeling down infront of a girl.

Everyone was watching.

So naturally, as curious as everyone else, you couldn't help but stop walking for a second and watch.

You walked through the crowd forming to try to get closer and listen. You struggled a bit but managed to get close enough to hear.

"Will? What is this?" She asked, stumbling back a bit.

"Julie, I know I may be asking too much because all my friends say you're way out of my league but—" he said before chuckling nervously. "I thought I'd still ask." He said.

Since when do you ask people out on one knee? Is this a rich person thing? You thought, amused.

The girl had a big smile plastered on her face.

"Will you go to the winger gala with me?"

"Yes!" She said.

And after that, everyone dispersed and made their way to their lockers, friends or whatever they were doing before forming a crowd.

"Boring right?" You felt someone place their hand on your shoulder and rest their head on top of it.

You turned to your side and were met with the girl you met the other day.

"Oh. Hi." You said with a small smile.

"Hey new girl." She said, tilting her head that was resting on the back of her palm.

"Hey... uh... I never got your name." You said awkwardly.

"I'm Tori." She said.

"I'm Y/N."

"Cute name. Not as cute as new girl though." She said as she let go of your shoulder and started walking.

You followed. "So you're just going to call me that?"

"Maybe. I'll use whichever one comes to mind first." She said with a sly smirk.

"Alright then." You laughed. "What was that just now? Winter gala?"

"It's one of the dances or proms we have throughout the year. We had one at the beginning of the year. The Fall festival that was followed by the Fall dance. You weren't here at the beginning of the year though so you missed it."

"Oh okay I get it. And is there a winter festival too?"

"Yeah, and since it's also Christmas time, they rent this Christmas market for the day. There's an ice skating rink, photobooths, little cafés and other Christmas-y stuff." She shrugged.