Chapter 22

Hey guys I'm so sorry I didn't publish anything for SO long. I haven't written for a long time so I really do apologize if the quality drops. I've been dealing with personal stuff, and tried to focus on some of my other hobbies. But that doesn't matter.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this. I missed you all <3

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

You had been dancing with Tristan on the dance floor for a few minutes. It was packed, so there weren't people boring holes into the back of your head, judging the two of you since everyone was already preoccupied by themselves. It felt great.

But that's not the only thing that felt great, obviously. Tristan was a surprisingly good and charming dancer. You had had so much fun, your cheeks were hurting from all the smiling and laughing. And of course, as per usual, Tristan couldn't help but be absolutely smitten with you. Anytime you smiled he felt as though all his problems were solved. You made him forget about everything.

The song you were both dancing to had finished, and transitioned to a slow dance.

This is so cliché  you thought to yourself. But you liked it.

"May I?" He asked as he held his hand out.

"You may." You put your hand in his and danced slowly.

You looked up at him, of course the lighting was hitting all the right angles and highlighting all his best features. Not that he had any bad ones.

That's when you suddenly noticed the small cut on his lips again. He had the time to fix his collar, and you had fixed his hair for him, but the lip cut was still there.

You had tried to get him to talk earlier before dancing while you were fixing his hair, but he kept dismissing it.

As you stared at his small injury, it got you thinking.

Messy hair, messy collar, lip cut.

Or possibly, bite.

Could he...?

No. I know he's a player but he wouldn't do that to me. Right?

What if he had ran off as soon as you came to the venue, to find some other girl. The signs of a very passionate and aggressive make out session were there after all.

No. No stop it. There's no need to overthink this. I trust him.

Should you, really? He's a player. Why would some random new student change his mind?

I...

"Hey Y/N, you okay?" Tristan asked. You had just noticed he lead you out of the dancing floor. The both of you were now in a corner of the grand room.

"What?" You said snapping out of your thoughts.

"Y/N I'm getting worried. You've just been staring at me without responding. I'll take you home if you're not feeling well." He said with his eyebrows furrowed.

"No.. I'm... I'm fine. Don't worry about me." You said as blinked a couple of times.

"Are you sure? It's alright, take a break from all the music and lights."