Chapter 3

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

The bell rang, everyone was already seated. Tristan was sitting behind the pretty girl next to you. She looked organized and neat, studious and smart. It was kind of intimidating, but in a cool way.

You looked around really subtly, taking in your first new classroom of the day. The blonde playboy stared at you intently, fiddling with the pen in his hand. 'I still haven't gotten her name yet.' He thought to himself.

"Alright good morning class. I hope you had a nice weekend." The professor stated. "Today, we have a new student as I'm sure you're all aware of."

"Another Mary?" One of the boys sitting next to Tristan behind you laughed.

You frowned to yourself but didn't bother to turn around.

"Right well, would you like to introduce yourself?" The teacher asked you.

You wanted to say no, not because of social anxiety or anything. You just didn't really like having any attention on you.

You got up regardless and made your way to the front of the class.

"Hello everyone, I'm Y/N." You said half-heartedly.

Tristan's eyes lit up from across the room. 'Pretty girl with a pretty name.'

"Would you like to share anything about yourself? Interests, hobbies, why you changed schools?" Mr. Medina said as he stayed sat on his desk his arms crossed. Pretty weird for a teacher working at such a prestigious school.

"I recently moved not too far from here, Stars Hollow. But my parents decided they wanted me to come here instead of the small town's high school. So I stay with my aunt in Hartford sometimes." You explain, hoping you didn't overshare. But you felt like if you had been really brief, you would've sounded rude which was the last thing you wanted.

"She's really like Mary!" The same guy from earlier spoke up and the whole class laughed.

'Ok seriously who the hell is Mary? How am I getting bullied 5 minutes into my first class at my new school?'

"Let's hope she's not as much of a prick as little Mary." The girl who was seated next to you said.

You awkwardly cleared your throat.

Mr. Medina shushed the class. "Alright that's enough class." He turned to you. "Thank you very much for your introduction Y/N. We're happy to have you with us." He reassured you.

I'm not too sure about that.

You nodded and sat down.

This is going to be absolute hell.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

It was finally lunch time. You had science second period, which was uneventful. No new friends, no bullying, no cute boys.

Well, actually, that was a lie. There were a ton of cute boys here, they were just too... cute for a simpleton like you. And besides, the whole slicked back, pearly whites and neat suit and tie wasn't really your thing. You were a lot more into guys who were effortlessly good looking. The type of guy that doesn't even know he's hot. Personality was way more important to you anyway, obviously.

You grabbed a food tray and waited in line. Everything was going fine, until you jumped at someone mumbling your name in your ear.

"Y/N."

You turned around abruptly. "Who-"

It was Tristan. He looked amused. "You scared me! What was that for?"

"Why didn't you tell me your name sooner?"

You recollected yourself and turned back around, still in line. "Was 8:03 not early enough for you?"

"No. I would've preferred knowing before class."

"Well, it's just a 4 minute difference. Besides, what does it matter."

"Who wouldn't want to know the name of the pretty girl he'd just met." He continued standing behind you, grinning right next to your ear.

You scrunched your nose and turned around. "Ok listen Tristan, I just want to establish something."

He crossed his arms. "Shoot away princess."

"I seriously hope you're not actually flirting with me."

"So what if I am?"

"Then you'd be wasting your time."

"Why?"

"I'm just not into this..." you looked him up and down. "...whole thing."

"Why? What's wrong with my thing?" He smirked.

"That. Right there. Immature sexual innuendos, random nicknames, trying too hard, not knowing when enough is enough and no is no." You glared at him, still completely calm.

"I don't see the problem. Usually works."

"You know what?" You asked setting your tray down infront of the lady so she can serve you.

"What?"

"I'm too tired for this right now."

"You are?"

"Yes."

"Then why are you still here?" He chuckled.

You rolled your eyes and picked your tray back up. You turned around and walked away.

A guy behind Tristan grabbed his shoulder. "Did you not learn your lesson from Mary?" He laughed.

Tristan clenched his jaw.

"Yeah. You're right."

Rory's right. I really need to stop.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.