Chapter 11

This chapter is in Tristan's pov where he talks with Avery after coming back from walking you home.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

Tristan walked in and closed the door, smiling to himself as he thought of how he managed to give you his beanie.

He locked the door and turned around and got startled when he saw Avery sitting on the stair steps.

"Avery? What are you doing here? I thought I told you to go to sleep." He said.

"Is she your girlfriend now?" She asked playing with her plushie.

He walked to her and sat on the steps next to her. "You need to stop asking questions like that." He said as he pointed with his index and placed it on her button nose.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because it's private information and some people don't like that."

"So should I whisper like this when I ask questions?" She whispered.

He laughed and suddenly picked her up. She shrieked and then started giggling.

"Time for bed come on." He carried her to her room. "Did mom and dad come home yet?"

"No. Do you know why?" She asked.

"I dont. Do you want to call them?"

She nodded.

"Okay." He carried her to the living room upstairs which had a telephone. "Here. Call them." He gave her the phone.

She dialed the phone number and called them. Once it picked up her eyes brightened.

"Mommy? Daddy?" She asked. She smiled as she got a reply. "Yes im going to go to bed soon. Tristan? You want to talk to him?" She asked. After a few seconds she passed the phone to Tristan.

He hesitantly put it to his ear.

Let's just say he didn't have the best relationship with his dad.

"Hey." He said.

"Tristan? Oh I missed you." He heard his mother's voice on the other hand.

Tristan let out a breath and smiled in relief at the thought of talking to his mother instead of his father.

"Hey mom." He said. "Why aren't you two home yet?"

"Well... your dad is set on landing that deal with the Gilmores. He's determined he has a chance because your grandfather has been doing buisness with Mr. Gilmore for years. It's quite funny seeing them negotiate. Especially your father, who's doing quite horribly might I add." She said with laughter.

Tristan, however had nothing to laugh about.

Gilmore.

Just the name reminded him of the very girl he missed a little bit more than he would've liked to admit.

"Yeah... must be funny." He said. "Alright I'm hanging up now. I'm gonna put Avery to bed."

"Alright then, tell my darling angel I wish her goodnight and sweet dreams."

Tristan chuckled shortly. "Sure." He said before hanging up.

"Are they coming?"

"Not before you fall asleep."

"What's wrong Tristan?" She asked her older brother.

"What do you mean?" he froze.

"You look sad. I don't like it."

He chuckled nervously "I'm not sad."

"Is it because of a girl?" She asked.

His eyes widened a bit. He zoned out thinking about Rory.

He pulled himself out of his thoughts and shook his head.

"Let's go brush our teeth." He said as he grabbed her hand and started walking. She walked along.

"Hey you ignored me!"

"Ignored you? What did you say?"

"I asked if it was because of a girl!"

"Avery? Why are you so silent?"

"Tristan this is not funny!" She pulled on his arm.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

He tucked the little blonde into bed.

"Mom wanted me to tell you goodnight."

She clutched on her rabbit plushie. "Now I'm definitely going to sleep well."

"Sure you will." He said, tucking some of her hair behind her ear. "Goodni—"

"Tristan wait." She said. "Was it really because of a girl?"

He stayed silent and thought long and hard.

"If it is, I hope it's not Y/N." She said.

That comment seemed to shock him. "Why?"

"Because I like Y/N. I don't want her to make you sad."

"Yeah I like her too."

"Really? You want her to be your girlfriend?" She asked, her eyes sparkling.

"You really wanna know?" He asked.

She sat up on her bed. "Yes!"

"Ok come here." He gestured.

She got her ear close to his lips.

"... it's a secret." He whispered.

She fell back on her bed, cutely frustrated. "Tristan! You're so annoying!" She put the bed covers over her and turned the other way so she wouldn't have to face him.

"Okay okay. Fair enough." He said as he got up from sitting in her bed and made his way to leave her room.

Suddenly, he felt a pair of small arms around his legs and he turned around, met with his little sister hugging him. "Goodnight..." she mumbled.

He crouched down and hugged her back. "Goodnight Avery." He said before picking her up and tucking her into bed once again.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.