Chapter 19

16.6k. I honestly don't even know what to say atp.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

You and Tristan continued bantering for a while until you heard multiple loud speakers. Everyone seemed to notice, but they didn't really seem to care.

Tristan noticed you trying to listen. "It's just the principal. He's welcoming the parents."

"Oh. Does he need to announce it by microphones?"

"This is Chilton, remember?" He chuckled.

You laughed with him. "Right. I forgot about that for a minute."

"It must be because I'm just so humble, isn't it?" He said as he feigned a stoic, pensive and wise look.

You pulled him by the ear shortly. "The humblest."

"You need to stop treating me like I'm your punching bag." He said.

You started walking again. "Why? I figured it'd be one of the weird things you'd be into."

"Okay, yes, but no." He gestured with his two index fingers.

"What does that even mean??" You asked.

"Whatever." He shrugged.

A photo booth next to a lamp pole caught your eye. "You're photogenic right? Who am I kidding actually. Probably." You answered yourself as you grabbed his hand and ran to the photo booth.

"And what does that mean?" He asked playfully.

"Don't make me say it out loud."

"What, it's not going to kill you. You know, coming to terms with facts and reality is good. Try it." He joked, aware you'd just brush him off.

"You're good looking." You said."There, I said it. Happy?"

"More than ever." He replied, with the biggest, dumbest smile you had ever seen on him.

It was still cute though.

After taking the photos, you each grabbed a copy and walked out of the booth, making your way to the lamp pile near it. "You look so..." You started, but trailed off. You wanted to joke around and say he looked ugly or something, but you couldn't deny he looked ridiculously good. You were wondering how it was even possible? The pictures came in such good quality, especially on his face. It was almost laughable.

"I look so what? Hot?" He asked, leaning in to look at your copy, as if it was any different, and then looked at you.

"Kinda. How do you even do that? It's... Ridiculous."

"You tell me." He said as he looked back at the photos in his hands. "You look like you'd have a pretty good idea on how to look good in a picture." He feigned a sigh but grinned.

You took your eyes off your photo and looked up at him. "That better not be sarcasm." You glared at him.

He put his arms up. "I swear I'm not lying."

You rolled your eyes."Fine."

You could hear him sigh, which made you turn your head to look back at him. "I don't understand why you just find it unbelievable when I tell you you don't look bad."

"I've told you why, literally the first time I ever met you."

"Just because your crushes, who are idiots by the way, didn't like you back doesn't make you ugly."

You didn't say anything because you didn't know what to say.

He looked away. "Sorry." He mumbled.

"No its fine. I'm sorry for being so annoying about this."

He looked back at you. "I think you're really pretty."

"... Thanks." You couldn't help but contain your smile as you flusteredly looked away and back at him.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Okay, so," He cleared his throat."You know about the winter gala right?"

Oh.

"Yes."

"And you know that you can you can bring an escort right?"

My.

"Yes I've seen the failed promposal with you the other day."

"I was wondering if you had a partner?"

God.

"I don't."

You saw his eyes light up slightly. "Great."

"Great?" You chuckled and looked down at your boots.

He kneeled down, his elbow touching the snow on the ground. The light from the lamp pole close to you drew shadows on his face, accentuating his already beautiful features. "Y/N, would you like to be my date for the winter gala?"

You stopped looking at your boots and looked at him, still a bit flustered, you answered. "Yes, Tristan. I'd love to."

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.