Chapter 4

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

You stormed out of the cafeteria and hallways, stepping outside for some fresh air. You had already ditched the food tray and only kept the small sandwich and small strawberry milk carton in your bag.

You made your way to a somewhat secluded table and sat down, grabbing your books out of your bag. The table was placed behind a tree, which cast a shadow. But despite that, the weather was still pretty hot.

There was no way you were going back in there though.

Maybe you had overreacted. It didn't matter. You were just feeling cranky and his attitude made it worse, so you decided to leave before things got messy.

I shouldn't have been that harsh on him. I mean, he deserved it, but I still feel kind of bad. You thought as you chewed on your nail.

You sighed as you put your head in your hands. "This is going super well, and I'm not even done with the day yet."

The girl who was sat next to you in English class was walking around the school gardens with two of her friends behind her as she clutched onto her books. She waved them off and they just shrugged and walked away.

She sat down on the same table as you, and you jumped, looking up to see her.

"Hi." She said, in a passive-aggressive way.

"Uh... hey." You replied confused.

"I'm Paris."

"Oh. Nice name. I'm-"

"Y/N, I know. You already introduced yourself earlier."

"Yeah? Well I was just being polite." You defended yourself.

Silence settled in for a moment. "Sorry." She cleared her throat. "You having trouble with work?"

"Not really. Just having a rough morning." You scratched your head.

"I hope I didn't contribute in that too much..." she mumbled.

You smiled as you realized she was trying to apologize to you. "Trust me, you're fine. Tristan's the problem here."

"Are you close with him?"

"No. Thank god. He's so annoying."

"What? But he's so handsome."

"A guy can be annoying and handsome at the same time. Besides, he's not my type."

"How come? He's everybody's type." She shrugged as she opened her book.

"He's too... pretty. He's like a real life Ken doll. Pretty boys are not my type."

She chuckled. "Well that's new."

"What? A girl not grovelling at his feet? There can't be that many of his fangirls. Any mentally sane girl would see how annoying he is."

"I agree." She muttered. "Um, so, what do you have third period?"

"History class with..." you pulled your schedule out. "Ms. Ness?"

"We have history together then." She smiled a bit shy.

"Thank god!" You laughed.

The both of you enjoyed the rest of your lunch together and got to know each other. Turns out Paris was actually a lot better of a person than you thought she'd be.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

You closed your locker and walked up to Paris ready to go in class with her.

"So, anything I should know about this class?"

"We've just changed chapters so you'll be able to start over and be up to date with everyone. Also, the teacher's really strict so try to be on your best behaviour. She knows she has the power to lower your grades as she sees fit and is not afraid to use it."

"Noted." You chuckled. You walked into class and Sat next to Paris again. You both chatted until the bell rang.

"That's my seat." You heard a familiar voice behind you.

You turned around and saw Tristan failing to contain his smirk. One of his hands was holding his books and the other was in his pocket, as his head was slightly tilted to the side.

"Oh."

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.