Chapter 13

This chapter is in Tristan's POV on the end of the previous chapter.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

Tristan walked down the halls, making his way to Y/N's locker as soon as he heard the bell ring saying it was end of class.

Despite her being hidden from her locker door from the neck up, he still recognized the girl and leaned against the locker next to hers, waiting for the moment in which she'd close her locker.

Once she did, she got startled and jumped just like everytime he'd do this to her. Tristan loved doing it because of her reaction. He found it amusing.

And a little bit cute too.

"You know you just missed a major history exam right?" She asked him.

He shrugged. "Yeah?"

"Why don't you take your studies seriously?"

"You should be grateful. Paris too. Since I'm holding back, you guys get to be top of the class." He said.

The girl started walking away, laughing. "See you around."

Tristan rolled his eyes.

He ran up to her. "No wait." He grabbed her hand and let go once she turned around.

"What?" She asked.

"I—" he said, choking on his words once the two of them made eye contact.

Just ask her you idiot. Everyone's doing it. No big deal. Besides, how could she say no. I'm not that bad right?

He took a deep breath.

"I want to ask you something." He said.

"Oh sure what's up?" She asked.

He took a deep breath once more. He opened his mouth and right before any sound came out, he was interrupted by the sound of people running through the halls.

They both turned their heads around and saw a crowd forming like this morning. The both of them walked to the crowd. Tristan already knew and assumed it was someone asking someone else out for the winter gala.

See Tristan? Everyone's doing it no big deal. He cheered himself up, feeling more confident to ask you out. He decided to wait until all of this was over. 

He turned to look at the girl he had in mind standing next to him.

Y/N stood on her tip-toes.

"I can't... see..." she struggled.

He held back a laugh. But decided to help her.

Tristan looked around and saw a chair.

He grabbed her hand and walked to it. "Here get up." He said.

"Okay." She looked at the chair, seemingly hesitant.

Tristan looked at her confused and then chuckled once he realized.

"Here." He picked her up, bridal style and set her feet on the chair.

"Thanks." She mumbled, her cheeks rosying a bit.

"Yeah sure." He said, maintaining eye contact, feeling even more confident than before.

She's totally gonna say yes.

I think.

Whatever.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

After everything died down, Tristan stood there frozen.

Seeing someone asking a girl out for the winter gala and getting coldly rejected right before asking a girl out himself, Tristan felt a bit worried.

"Anyway, what did you want to ask me?" She got off the chair and pulled him out of his thoughts.

His eyes widened a bit as he turned to look at her. He was feeling increasingly more anxious than before. "Uh... it's uh." He cleared his throat as he looked at where Aurianna and Asher were standing five minutes ago.

"What? Do you have ptsd from her or something? Oh my god I knew it! She totally rejected you before didn't she?" She mocked.

Tristan hadn't heard the teasing at all. He was too deep in his own thoughts to banter like they usually did.

Not now. Definitely not now.

His eyes stayed on the middle of the hallway. "I... i have to go." He said, slowly walking away, his back facing the direction he was walking in. "I'll see you later." He ran off.

Once he turned around, he made sure to be out of her line of sight so he took a left and got out of the school, into the gardens.

What am I thinking? What is wrong with me? Just ask her out. You did this with Rory, don't do it with Y/N too.

He sat down on a bench and dropped his head in his hands, sighing.

God I'm such an idiot.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.