Chapter 9

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

A few weeks have passed.

And surprisingly, you hadn't had any arguments with Tristan so far. Sure there was small bickering and reason here and there but it wasn't anything dramatic. You both did decide to try to avoid hanging out too much infront of everyone at school though.

Well, you're the one who suggested it. Tristan seemed a bit against it but he didn't want to make you upset. If anything, he was mad at how judgemental people could be.

Which is why he always got excited everytime he had art class. He'd get to do something he liked while being with someone who's company he liked.

The bell rang, and everyone was already seated in class. Tristan wasn't late this time.

He hasn't been in a while. You thought, curious as to why that is while you stared at the boy tying the apron around his waist.

He looked at you and noticed your staring. "What? Oh no. Don't tell me." He said, with a shocked and worried face as he sat down on the stool next to you.

Your eyes widened. "What? What's wrong?" You said worried.

"Don't tell me my charm is finally getting to you." He said with a grin.

You sighed and shoved his face away from yours with your hand. "Yeah right."

Usually he'd give up on the joke and just laugh it off, but this time he took your hand and interlaced his fingers with yours. "You sure?"

"Yes. I'm sure." You said, your ears a bit red. "Let go of my hand you bimbo." You took your hand from his.

"You have got to stop calling me that." He laughed as he started putting paint on the palette.

"Why? I think it suits you." You shrugged. "You're blonde, you're dumb and the only thing you care about is your looks."

"Yeah but I'm not a girl."

"Really? I couldn't tell." You said sarcastically. "But seriously, you're just too pretty for a guy you know that? I can't believe even a guy is prettier than me. I've seen it all." You sighed.

He just continued laughing.

You stared at him again. His dimples were showing, and then you suddenly noticed that his laugh was kind of squeaky, but not in a weird way. It was kind of cute.

"I can tell you're staring at me by the way. Peripheral vision." He stated. "I knew I charmed you."

You were too focused and didn't really pay attention to what he was saying. You sat cross-legged and rested your chin in your palm. "You have really cute dimples you know that?" You asked with a slight head tilt.

Tristan turned to look at you, a bit taken-aback. "... thanks."

"Don't thank me. I was just being jealous."

He then scoffed and went back to painting.

"I'll go get the rest of our stuff." You said before standing up.

He grabbed your hand with his left one, but was still painting with his right one his eyes glued to the canvas. "No need. We're not gonna get that far today." He mumbled, as he was still focused.

You looked down at your hands. You blushed again, but this time it was more than your ears. Thankfully he was too focused to even look at you. "Oh... okay then." You sat back down.

After a while, the two of you continued painting. Each one of you had a brush and painted on the canvas simultaneously.

"Alright class. Bell rings in 15 minutes. I suggest you start cleaning up now." The teacher said.

The two of you stood up and walked to the sinks to wash your paintbrushes.

You rolled your sleeves up to not get them wet. You grabbed some soap and started scrubbing the brush against your soapy palm.

"Hey Y/N." Tristan said, still looking at the brush he was cleaning.

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering if you could do me a favor." He asked a bit hesitant.

"No." You said dryly. Silence settled in. "I'm joking. Loosen up." You nudged him with your elbow. "Shoot."

He laughed a bit. "I have football practice tonight and my sister needs babysitting. I told my dad to get a nanny but he's overprotective of my sister and reads the newspaper too much and thinks the nanny he's going to hire is going to be some serial killer."

You laughed at his comment. "You want me to babysit her?"

"Yeah please. Unless you can't. I know you live in stars hollow which is kind of far but—"

"No it's fine. I'm staying at my aunt this week here in Hartford." You said.

"So can you babysit her? I'll pay you."

"How much?"

"I'll be gone for three hours. How about 60$?"

"Make it 100. I know you're rich Tristan, come on~" you said in a sing-songy tone as you tilted your head to the side towards him and looked up at him.

"Fine. 100." He chuckled. "I'll write the address on a piece of paper."

"Good. Is there anything else I should know? Allergies? Bed time?"

"She doesn't have any allergies, and I'll be home before her bed time so you don't have to worry about that. She's not a picky eater, but you shouldn't bother making her anything. We already have food at home, she'll be fine."

"Okay then."

After a few minutes, the two of you finished cleaning everything up.

He grabbed a small post-it note and wrote something on it. "Here. The address, and when you should show up."

You took the little piece of paper. "Okay." You looked at him.

He put his hands in his pockets and leaned towards you. "Ill pay you afterwards." He whispered.

You rolled your eyes.

"So greedy." He laughed. "I'll see you tonight then?" He grinned.

"Mhm." You smiled and turned on your heels to leave the classroom.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.