Chapter 1

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

'Where the hell-' you thought before almost falling face first in the dirt. You did scratch your leg though. You winced a bit at the pain and looked down at your leg. 'At least my expensive tights didn't tear.'

It's been almost 30 minutes since you started looking for the school. Your bus dropped you off a bit far from the actual establishment. Let's just say that so far, instead of seeing white regal architecture, the only thing you've seen is mother nature in all it's expensive tight tearing glory. Well, almost expensive tight tearing glory.

You finally stepped out of the bush and the two trees. That's when you noticed a nice wooden bench, and a guy sitting on it, his back facing you.

"Um excuse me?" You slowly walked up to him.

He looked away quickly however and wiped his face. You heard a small sniffle in there.

"Oh. Is this not the right time? Sorry." You backed off.

"No." You stopped in your tracks as you finally heard him reply. "It's fine."

You turned around and finally saw his face. And you were surprised to see how good looking he was. He had plump red lips and a small button nose, his eyes were blue and he had an overgrown blonde buzz cut. Not to mention his long and thick lashes. You couldn't tell if you found him attractive for them, or wanted to have them.

'Is everyone in this school hot?'

You sat down next to him.

"You okay?" You asked.

"Yeah." He replied quickly and silence settled in.

You said nothing.

"Actually, no." He broke the silence.

"Why?"

"There's this girl I've liked for a few months- and still do - thats had a boyfriend for a while. Which she broke up with recently. The day before I got broken up with actually. And we were at this party and she found me in a room alone and we talked and..." he trailed off.

You wanted to say "And?" , but knew that rushing him was rude so you stayed quiet.

"And we were sitting so close to each other and i felt vulnerable, but she was there. And then suddenly, my body moved on its own and next thing I know, I'm kissing her. She pushed me off and ran away crying."

"Wow."

"Yeah. But we talked about it the other day. She said she cried because she was confused, not because of the kiss. But I still felt so embarrassed. I mean- who does that?!" He held his face in his hands.

You laughed softly. "You. Apparently."

"Sorry. I don't even know why I'm telling you all of this."

"Don't worry about it." You cleared your throat. "Listen, you really liked her, you guys had a moment and you went for it. There's nothing wrong with that. You saw she didn't want it and you accepted that. If she said she didn't cry for the kiss I think she meant it."

He was slightly stunned by how genuine this girl was being.

"How would you know?"

"Well, I mean, you can't be that bad of a kisser."

"I like to think I'm not." He chuckled. "I mean with all the kissing I've done, I think it'd be embarrassing if I was bad."

You stared at him wide eyed.

"Sorry."

"No its fine." You laughed. "You find all types of people these days." You mumbled.

"I heard that." He stared at you.

You stared back, and then the both of you started chuckling to yourselves.

"I'm Tristan by the way."

"Nice to meet you Tristan." You said in between your chuckles but soon cleared your throat. "Sorry i know this is a serious moment for you."

"Not at all. Helps me distract myself." He stared into your eyes.

You did the same and felt something shift in the air, but quickly changed subjects.

"Can i give you some advice?"

He nodded, his eyes bright. He really was cute. "As someone who's experienced one-sided crushes multiple times, I think I can give good advice." You stated.

"You? No way."

"Sorry?" You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Why would they be one-sided?"

"I don't know. Maybe you should ask my past crushes." You shrugged and laughed lightly. "I actually made up a theory: I'm not that physically attractive."

"Well you're funny."

"You met me five minutes ago." You rolled your eyes.

"And you are physically attractive." He said.

"Says the player."

He laughed at the comment. "How'd you know?"

"You said you kissed a bunch of people ten seconds ago." You said matter-of-factly. "Anyway, I think you should still stay on good terms with her. You could try being friends but I don't recommend it. You just end up getting even more hurt. And you should move on. That's what I do. Although I doubt that would apply to you."

"I don't follow." He smirked, knowing he knew exactly what you meant.

"You're physically attractive. You could probably still try for a second chance."

His smirk grew wider.

"Oh no. I probably just fed your ego there didn't I?" You sighed.

"Yeahh" he clicked his tongue "think you did." He laughed.

Silence settled in again, but it was comfortable.

"Thanks. I really needed that."

"Anytime."

"But tell me one thing-"

"Yes?"

"You sure your crushes were one-sided?"

"You know, for someone who was crying not too long ago, you flirt a lot."

"I'm being serious." He stared at you, his poker face unwavering.

You didn't say anything.

"Even if you weren't as pretty as you are, you're nice."

"Yeah well, nice doesn't cut it apparently." You looked away. "Personality may get you to walk in, but looks get you to the door step. And we know which one comes first."

"You're not listening to me are you?" He chuckled lightly and stood up.

"Yeah well it's hard to believe a playboy who you've met five minutes ago call you pretty when you've been used to the opposite your whole life." You laughed. "Now, you need to help me get to the school. Because I think that my bus dropped me off in the middle of nowhere."

He clenched his jaw but quickly let go as you changed the subject. Who the hell lied to this girl?

"Sure I'll help you. I was heading back anyway."

They walked to the school no problem and talked along the way.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.