Nightmare Before Work

CAUTION/WARNING! This chapter has talk of self-harm but you don't physically do it, also mentions of eating habits and appearance, please proceed with caution.

Even with the heavy weighted blanket keeping you grounded, it wasn't enough to keep you from tossing and turning throughout the night. Cat napping was a pain when you had work. At least your work didn't start until 9. Plenty of time to wake up and save your energy.

The downside? You always wake up at 6 in the morning, no matter where you slept, add to the fact that you were sleeping on the sofa bed and you would be waking up at 3 then 4, you get the point.

This time however it was in the form of footsteps. No way you were going back to sleep now. You mentally groan at the loud noises being made.

"Aww, I was hoping I would get to see Smiles sleeping" pouted the light voice.

"And why is that Angel?" a strange noise crackled through the air, and the light voice yelped.

"You don't seem like the kind of guy to steal someone else's room"

"Our host kindly offered it to me, I didn't push them into anything"

Your eyes were open by this point and staring at the ceiling in disbelief, okay, don't panic again, you managed it, somewhat okay last night you can certainly do it now.

Then someone popped their face into your vision, causing you to shriek in surprise and find yourself kissing the floor. You just blink in shock as you tried to process what just happened.

"Oh dear" he sounded happy "my apologies dear, I didn't mean to frighten you"

Before you had the chance to move, you feel something grab your shoulders and lift you up, then set you down on your feet. When the hands didn't remove themselves you try to pull yourself away from their grasp, only for the hands to tighten their grip.

Worms were wiggling under the creature's touch, you felt wrong. Disgusting. You had to suppress a whimper that was building in your throat as your lower back tingled and stiffened under the threat.

"I do wish you the best in your job today" he whispers, but his voice didn't sound like it had before, there was an accent that you couldn't make out.

"Alastor, let go of them now, your scaring them" growled a female voice.

"I was just helping them, the poor thing fell onto the floor when we came down" He spins you so that your facing the woman with white hair and places an arm over your shoulder "See? Not a single marking on them"

"Speaking of, where's the booze?"

It was like a switch flipped in your brain, because as soon as you hear a cupboard opening in the kitchen you immediately run and try to stop them "Don't touch anything"

"I won't unless you tell me where the f*ck the booze is" The creature talking was white and fluffy looking. And they had two pairs of arms.

Oh, hell don't panic now please, you still need to get ready for work.

"See something you like?"

You immediately look away feeling gross "ew, no, I was trying to process what you are, and sorry to disappoint you but there's no alcohol in this house"

"First off, I'm a spider, second, are you sh*tt*ng me right now?"

"No, I'm not"

The fluffy 'spider' moved forward and gripped my arms tight as if they were dying "what about drugs? Surely you must have some" then the other pair of arms touched your back, forcing you closer to the other's body.