One

Legend has it, there is an invisible red thread that connects us to those we are destined to meet.It symbolizes good luck, protection and love, no matter how far apart ,no matter how long apart, will meet again, and the destiny will be realized

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I toss off my covers and I quickly get dressed and ready for the day, tossing the rest of my stuff into my bag. You're probably asking why I'm so happy I am finally going back home to Nevermore, two months away for summer vacation. It was horrendous. Don't get me wrong I love my parents but Nevermore is my home. When I came home for Vacation a week later it was my 18th birthday and I woke up to a red string tied around my pinkie. I spent the two months walking around town and going to places to see what my string would do but it didn't do anything. I grab my last bag and I walk out of my room heading to the car to toss the last of my bag in it.

"Morning Darling" I hear as I walk into the kitchen

"Hey"

"Are you ready to go back to school? You have a long drive so I would grab something quick to eat before you go." She gives me a big smile. I nod my head and grab something to eat and I quickly eat it. I run to put on my shoes and I feel my mothers eyes on me, I give a small smile to her.

"My car is all packed and ready to go."

"Have a safe trip honey, and we will see you for parents weekend."

"I will. I'll call you when I get there." She pulls me in for a hug and I tense up at the touch. She pulls away and she gives a weak smile when she lets go. I get in my car and I wave before driving away. I turn on the radio getting ready for the long drive back to Nevermore, I can't believe it's my last year. It seems like yesterday was my first day as a freshman. I stop to full up on gas at the halfway mark. I walk inside to pay for gas and grab a snack or two to fill me up till I get to Jericho. After a while I finally make it into town, I park my car in front of the creepy antique shop and I walk to the Weathervane. I get in line and I wait to place my order.

"Hello, how are you today?" the barista said to me

"Hello, I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm good, thank you, what can I get for you today?"

"Could I get two hot chocolates and two croissants to go please. And does sheriff Galpin still come in at the same time?"

"Yes he does to order his usual."

"Could I also pay for that too?" she nods her head and I hand her the money. I stand over to the side and I look down at my phone to see a new text from Mama.

Mama: Hey are you almost here?

Me: Yeah pulling in to Jericho now, should be there in twenty minutes. I'll see you in a bit.

"You look new in town." I hear from the person in front of me. I look up from my phone and seeing a man look at me, I raise my eyebrow at him. He is tall with broad shoulders that are shown by a way too tight tank top and shorts that go over the knees. He has a clean cut with slight stubble.

"I'm not new here."

"If you're not new. How come I haven't seen you?"

"I am back from vacation, I went to visit family. And school is starting in a couple days so I wanted to come early to unpack and fix my room." I saw as the lightbulb went off in his head.

"Ah you're one of the freaks that goes to that school." I stood up a little taller and I smirked.

"Proud to be associated with that school seeing as my mom is the principal."