Eleven

There was a knock at the door and I smiled and I grabbed a sweater in case it gets cold. I open the door to see Marilyn standing with a beautiful red lily in her hand.

"For you darling." I take the flower in my hand and I smile even harder, I lean over and I kiss her on the cheek.

"Thank you, I love it." I put the flower by my bed to press later, I close the door behind me and we walk hand and hand to the car.

"Do you wanna drive for me?"

"You can drive." We both get into the car and she starts to drive.

"Are you ready to have some fun?"

"With you always."

"Oh I forgot I also brought headphones with me just in case it gets too loud for you." my heart swelled at the fact that she remembered the headphones.

"Thank you Marilyn, it really means a lot to me." I entangled our fingers together enjoying the calming presents that she has. I take out my phone and I text Mama.

Me: We are at the carnival.

Mama: Alright, text me every now and then so I know you're alright

Me: I will, I promise

Soon enough we get there, we get out of the car and the place is already packed with kids, mostly the kids from Nevermore running around having fun. We walk around and make a game plan of what we want to do. I drag her to one of the games where you have to throw the darts at the balloons. We get up there and I see Wednesday and Enid already there.

"Following me are we?" I smile at them and Enid smiles back and Wednesday just looks at me. "Favorite game Wednesday?"

"I get to kill the balloons."

"That's one way to think of it. Gonna win a stuffy for Enid?"

"No but if I happen to get one it goes to her because she likes them." I smile. We both start throwing darts making it more challenging for each other and she wins by one dart. "Nice Wednesday, good game." We both got a stuffed animal and I turned around and I handed it to Marilyn.

"For you darling." she smiles and winks at me. "So where are you guys heading next?"

"Enid wants to watch the guys with the sledgehammer."

"Oh I bet none of them will actually hit the bell."

"You act like it's so easy." Marilyn says and I look at her and I fake being hurt.

"It is easy."

"Okay then prove it."

"You just wanna see my muscles don't you?"

"I mean that will be a plus."

"Alright I am going to prove that it's easy." We all walk over and watch the guys do it, none of them get close to it. I smile at them, A for effort I guess. "I got next." They all look at me and they raise their eyebrows. "Can one of you hold my shirt, I don't want it to get in the way."

"I'll hold it" Enid says and I take off my button down and I hand it to her. I grabbed a sledgehammer and I made a few movements to get myself ready and then I was next. I had everyone watching me. I slowly walk up to the target and I take a deep breath and I swing full force at the target on the floor, hitting the bell easily.

"Beginner's luck." I hear one of the guys say.

"Do you really believe that?" I swing it again and again and again, hitting the bell each time. Everyone looked shocked. I hand the hammer back to the operator and I walk back to the girls and I smile. "I told you it was easy, but as Wednesday could tell you it's not by strength but by science."