a month can feel like an eternity

A month passed and Damion was a great member of the team. It didn't take long for us to warm up to him. Especially me. Damion and I hung out a lot, we stayed close to each other during missions, we trained together, we spent my free time with each other, we ate next to each other, and he even waited for me outside when I got out of therapy. He was very sweet to me and for once I felt love like I never had before. This man was like a dream come true. I guess people are right, a month can feel like an eternity.
Gabe: Hello! Earth to Pey!
I jumped a little bit.
Pey: What happened?
Rhea: You spaced off, again.
Pey: Crap.
Gabe: Are you alright? I'm worried for you, you've been spacing off a lot more since Damion came here. It's like your head is always in the clouds and it worries me.
Pey: I'm fine, you know how I get when new things happen. I'll be myself soon and you won't have to worry about me.
Gabe: Okay.
I stand up and pat Gabe's shoulder. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I then escaped to my room. I connected my headphones to my phone and put my headphones on. Damion came in and saw my headphones were on and sat on my bed. He rested his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes. I looked at him and then closed my eyes. I went to hold his hand but then stopped, I didn't want to push my limits. We just stayed there for what felt like an eternity but it was nice. I wished that we could have stayed like that forever until Dante came into the room unannounced.
Dante: Hey!-
Me and Damion jumped and he hit his head on my headphone.
Damion: Ow.
I took my headphone off and started freaking out.
Pey: Oh my god, are you okay?!
Damion: Yeah, I've been hurt worse.
He smiled, trying to reassure me. I quickly turned to Dante and gave him a face.
Dante: What?
Pey: Do you know how to knock?!
Dante: Hey, calm down! I just wanted to know if you've seen Damion. Clearly you have.
I wanted to throw my book at his face. It was clear that his joke was going to get him killed and Damion jumped in front of me.
Damion: Don't mind him, he's always like this when I'm around.
He held my hand and I turned red. Then it became awkward.
Pey: Well he needs you for something. You might need to go.
He smiled and let go of my hand.
Damion: Good night.
He mouthed the word "dear" at the end. My face turned so red it looked like I was a strawberry. In a flash he was gone. I put my hands on my face, it was burning. What is wrong with me? I should know that relationships never work well with my family. I need to get my head out of the clouds.