the fall

It's been a year and me and Damian decided to go to visit his father. I loved seeing him excited. He was so happy for me to have a good chance to meet his father. I was happy too. But when we arrived, we were met with Jason, Dante and their father -Bryce-, looking at a screen. My sibling Cee was on it and so was my former mentor. Cee was beaten up and had their hands tied up which made them hang from the ceiling. I covered my mouth and Bryce gave instructions, "We will meet Tella at her training camp and we will get Cee there. Let's go!" We followed him.
What we saw when we arrived will always be implanted in my brain. Cee was living by a thread. I was surprised that they were still alive. Tella circled around them, "So you came. You actually came to save this useless waste of space." I yelled, "They are NOT useless!" Tella pointed her sword at me, "Watch your tone, young lady. This man is poisoned by that cult of a family. He is quite beyond saving. He would leave you alone if the family said so. You have no clue what that family has done to me! They ruined my life and they ruined yours, Pey." Tella looked at Cee and that's when Cee said these words, "Tella, I have imagined my death so much it feels like a memory. I am not poisoned by my family but I do what they want because I love them. Even if they never loved me. But one thing you got wrong is that, killing me wouldn't matter. They could replace me with my cousins. I really don't care at this point." Tella, "That's actually where you're wrong. They adore you. Killing you would break the family in half which is what I NEED!" Jason yelled, "If you kill them, I'll return the favor!" He pulled out his gun which still had its safety on. Tella looked up at Cee, he was playing with the rope. He wasn't trying to escape the grasp of it but rather, examining it. He looked at Tella, "I will forgive you. No matter what you do. I'm done with running away. I'm done with being scared. I have lived my life and I'm happy with it. I found love and peace in my life. I have had an amazing run. I mean I had a great dad and step dad, my sister loved me, I found a person who could be my partner through thick and thin, I found another family who could love me for me. Most of all, I made my city, my world, a better place. And I was a badass vigilante. I loved my life. That's not something younger me would have said. I'm proud of myself and I'm sure as hell proud of my loved ones." Tella raised her sword to Cee to see if he would move. Cee looked at Jason and smiled, "My love, take your time. Do what you need to. I'll see you on the other side."