love is strange.

It's been two weeks and it's hard to be in a relationship with him. It's not like he's bad but things are kinda, well, different. I'm not good with things changing, especially large numbers of change in one sitting. Like getting my my first kiss and then the next day all of a sudden I'm dating someone. I don't know how to process this.
I lay on my bed with my eyes closed. I feel someone cuddle up next to me and my eyes open.
Damion: are you okay, darling?
Pey: Yeah just tired.
Damion: I think there's more than that going on.
Pey: Yeah. I'm out of medication and they don't have it in stock at the pharmacy at the moment. They ordered it but it's going to take a while for it to come in.
Damion: So that means that you'll be a little different?
Pey: Correct. I might have more mood swings and stuff.
Damion: I understand.
He brushed my hair back and placed a kiss on my forehead. I smiled.
Pey: Thank you for understanding, dear.
Damion: Of course, you can't control it. I'm sure you would if you could.
Pey: Yeah, I would.
He smiled. His phone began to ring and he took it out of his pocket.
Damion: It's Dante, I should get going.
Pey: Alright.
I sat up and smiled at him. He kissed me fast and left.
A few hours later Damion and Dante were in their hero costumes. They had a mission that only they could go to.
Pey: That's not fair.
Damion: What's not fair?
Pey: We're a team and you guys are going off in a mission for you two only. It's not fair and it's certainly not teamwork.
Dante: It's necessary, Pey.
Pey: How is going on this mission necessary with only you two?
Damion: It's a secret.
I go to walk away, I'm not getting into a fight because they are being stupid.
Damion: Pey come back.
Pey: No, I'm not getting into a fight because you guys are keeping secrets.
Damion: We aren't going to get into a fight.
Pey: I know because I'm walking away before one happens.
Damion: Come back, we aren't going to fight.
I stop walking and turn around.
Pey: We are a team. We don't keep secrets, ever. At least that's what I thought but, what should I know. I mean I've never been in a team before. I've only been here for 3 years.
Damion walks to me and holds my hand.
Damion: I'm sorry.
Pey: Everyone's sorry.
Damion: I would have told you if Dante allowed me to but this is dangerous and he doesn't want you guys to be caught up with it.
Pey: But it's okay if you two are going to die?
Damion: We've been through these type of things.
Pey: So I have I! I've been trained most of my life for dangerous moments! My whole childhood was taken away from me for it! My whole life was just danger! For ten years of my life I was made to kill people, go into dangerous situations, and most of all I was supposed to be danger!
Damion: I'm not talking about training or what you've been through. You're legs constantly lock up and I'm not going to pay attention to anything but getting the job done. I'm worried that you'll die because I'm too reckless. I would have made Dante take you if I wasn't worried about that.
I look at him, I don't think it's about my legs. I think he doesn't want me to die no matter what. I don't know what to feel right now. His voice becomes lower than before.
Damion: I love you, Pey. I can't lose you.
He said the word "love"... I'm not good with that word, at all. I start to breathe heavier than before, not because I'm flustered but because love is terrifying. My eyes widen.
Damion: You don't have to say it back if you're scared to. I know you do.
He cupped my face and smiled. My mind started to race. So many thoughts came up in my head.
Damion turns to Dante and leaves. I rushed to my room as soon as he was out of sight. I lock my door and laied on my bed. What is wrong with me? Why am I so scared of love? I hit my head and then my phone rang. A message from Damion.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.
My face softens. He was worried about me. I decided to text back.
It's okay, I just wish you had told me that you two were going on a mission.
I sent the message. Something was missing though. I knew what, but did I really want to say it? It's only been two weeks, am I prepared for this? Falling and then getting my heart broken? What if it doesn't get broken though?
I love you, Damion.
I sent it. I can't believe I said the word. He text me back.
I love you too, darling.
I smile at the word. No ones ever really loved me in this way and it's nice to see that someone finally does. Why am I like this though? Why is love so new to me? Why do I find love so strange? What is wrong with me?