I refuse to fall

Kory was training and I was watching her.
Kory: So. What's going on between you and Damion?
Pey: Nothing.
Kory: Well Dante walked into you two cuddling. That doesn't really say it was nothing.
Pey: We are just friends. I'm not going to fall in love, love and Onyx doesn't really go well together.
Kory: What about Cee and Jason. Cee's a Onyx and they're in a very committed relationship with Jason.
Pey: I don't really want to have my partner get traumatized after getting kidnapped and almost killed.
Kory: They're still in a very healthy relationship with each other.
Pey: Cee's umm.. How do I put this nicely? Special.
Kory: And you're not?
Pey: I never said I wasn't!
Kory: Sounded like it.
Pey: Yeah it probably did.
Kory smiled and shook her head.
Pey: That isn't that point though! I've seen how people in my family act with their partners and it leaves much to desire. I don't like how they are lovey dovey one minute then they fight. Or they almost kill each other...
Kory: You are the first person in the Onyx family to willingly give up their position to become a hero. That says a lot!
Pey: Yeah, you're right...
Kory: You and I both know you like Damion. Just give it a chance.
Pey: What if he is just like my mother in a relationship?
Kory: You and him share a lot of similar experiences. Especially with having a bad mother. I know he'll succeed in whatever you want or need. He is a very nice boy.
Pey: I'm not saying he isn't a nice boy but... My mother was nice once and look at her now! She's overwhelmed with power and she needs to control everything.
Kory: I can assure you, Damion would NEVER be like her.
Pey: It's just. Hard.
Kory: I know but you need to stop letting the past control you and your actions.
Pey: Ugh. I hate it when you're right.
Kory smiled and turned off the training dummy. She walked over to me and sat next to me. She hugged me tight.
Kory: I know you like him. You know it too. Don't let your family ruin this chance for you, you deserve to be happy.
Pey: Yeah, you're right.
Kory: You need to tell your therapist about your thoughts on this though. She'll help you figure it out more.
Pey: I will, I mean I'll see her tomorrow anyways.
Kory got up and started putting the weapons she used away and I went to go upstairs so I could get my snack. I do like him. Kory is right most of the time when it comes to love. Gabe and Rhea wouldn't be together without Kory. I mean it would hurt to fall in love once.