Chapter 08

"My good colleague have you finished the task i gave you?"

She pressed 'Enter' key on har keyboard and then turned her left to face her boss.

"Yes, just done. I have saved it on new folder created for the same project on company's path."

Nodding in satisfaction shantanu smiled at her who just sighed in relief,

"Prachi this upcoming project is very important i want you to be part of it. If this project gets successful it will boost your position in this firm, if not because of personal reasons I would have been part of this as well. So you better make me feel proud."

"Yes, sir. Thank you."

When he left she looked at all the work lined up for her as she again laughed, yes being a employee can sometimes become a little too much but who would throw the upcoming money!

How serious this joint venture was got cleared when on Saturday specially every manager from top level to bottom level was obliged to come to the meeting.

As informed that important day was just right the corner on next Thursday, 4 more days left for themselves.

She was so busy that dhruv and his thoughts were far away from her, getting engrossed that even not contacting her friends.

As that day was nearer she felt nervous and excited at the same time, finally after everything it was decided by the company that she and another manager will be representing this venture as head managers.

On the day when the acquirer company head managers was coming to the office was finally there, Prachi was nervous yet anticipating for this day..

If everything goes well there was possibility that she might get promoted next month. She and Sameer both were given opportunity to be in the meeting with head of both companies to give good view of their company.

Today she made sure to finish her work earlier and then finally when she reached the office she went to meet sameer and both were soon in meeting conference with other seniors managers.

"Prachi all the best. Let's do our best so we can be managers in the next project."

"Yes, sameer let's do our best!"

Smiling to sameer Prachi replied as one by one all the company managers entered the meeting room, all seats were occupied only the one in the centre was remaining.

Even after 5 minutes when meeting was not yet started Prachi understood that maybe that one empty seat is going to be occupied by someone very important.

'who's so important making all managers wait like this? God don't tell me the CEO is coming to attend the meeting'

Prachi joked and whispered to sameer but his response made her stop her nonsense,

"Yes, the acquirer company CEO is especially coming here to attend this meeting and we all are waiting for him."

Just a second letter meeting room door opened and in eerie silence slow and steady footsteps echoed as immediately all people present stood up in respect.

Prachi like others looked at the door to find familiar face,

'Dhruv is CEO of acquirer company! Sheesh such a cliche thing happened with me'

Prachi joked to herself as her smiling eyes met his confident sharp eyes and froze in time staring onto them.

As if time stopped around them, she looked at him wanting to avoid his eyes out of respect but something in his eyes was there not letting her look away.

He was the first one to let go as he moved away from her to his seat at the centre next to her company's CEO seat. Both shook their hand and when He sat everyone sat down and then meeting started.

Once meeting started she was back to her work mode forgetting everything and did her best representing their company along side sameer.

After 2 hours their meeting ended and finally she took a sigh of relief, sameer and Prachi exiting the meeting room looked at each other and smiled in joy,

"You did well."

Prachi smiled when sameer quietly whispered to her,

"You were good as well, working with you was good."

After the meeting ended it was decided that both company will be organising dinner party for their merger, this merger was important for both companies especially for someone.

Every management employee was invited in this dinner, when Prachi returned to her office desk she was discussing this dinner with her colleagues. Everyone was excited and was awaiting for upcoming profits with this merger.

"Today maybe we will get half day cause obviously we need to be ready to attend party at night."Rima said.

" Yeah right, I am so excited. Finally we can have some fun."Nita said.

" Hey Prachi please atleast today wear something nice, you saw right our new CEO is so handsome."

" Obviously " Prachi laughed as her colleagues always made fun of her being too simple, obviously they referred her simple for not applying makeup like others.

'Oh right, Dhruv is going to be our new CEO. Why does it seems like a plot of some cliche novel to me.'

Suddenly feeling the pressure to release she excused herself and walked out of their department area to visit washroom, while walking she looked around and noticed how today everything was little different.

Unexpected to her while taking a turn to enter washroom area she bumped into someone and looking up she found it to be dhruv.

"Dhruv... Sir. Sorry sir."

"Prachi, now are you going to be behaving strangers to me?"

Dhruv joked and laughed as Prachi released all her nervousness and laughed along while joking,

"My god, you were so different in the meeting. Congratulations you are our CEO."

"Well congrats to you as well Prachi."

He smiled at her but his eyes held something else but Prachi suddenly felt rush as she awkwardly smiled and bid farewell to him.

'He seems so mysterious. Luckily he is good guy or I would have thought he has some ulterior motive.'

Her thoughts seems to be out of place as one by one all kinds of thoughts entered her stupid head but she was happy today and it was most important for her.

'Now my promotion is fixed.'