Chapter 09

She neatly combed her hair once again checking herself out, wearing gorgeous semi formal outfit combining navy blue shirt and white pants.

Applying minimal makeup look and bold lipstick she took few selfies of herself appreciating her beauty.

While she was done clicking her pictures she saw time and then hurriedly grabbing her clutch she ran out of her bedroom to leave for the dinner party.

"Atleast not today!!!"

She hurried on her way to reach venue on time, making sure she is not forgetting anything.

It took her an hour to reach the party venue, taking a deep breath she adjusted her clothes and made her way to washroom for touchup.

While entering washroom she met two of her colleagues, Nita and Riya.

"See, Nita I told you she won't be wearing any gowns or saree and I was right! Now give me my 200rs. I won the bet!!"

Surprised Prachi exclaimed,

" I didn't knew you guys were betting on me"

"Yeah right Nita! What is this Prachi!! You told me you will wear something nice."

Riya turned her face to apply lipstick,

"But this looks fine too."

"YEAH!"

Both of them exclaimed and glanced at each other in understanding manner.

In Venue Hall Men in suites and Women in Gowns or Sarees were chitchatting with each other, Standing next to her colleagues she was drinking apple juice enjoying their time.

"Dhruv is not here yet! Don't know when dinner will start."

" Prachi this navy blue top looks good on you. "

One of the colleague Divya complimented her, blushing she glanced at her good friends and continued her chatting.

Suddenly commotion was heard from the door as everyone turned towards that way to find Dhruv being escorted by Mr. Murthi CEO of other company,

One by one every department was going forward as their head managers introduced themselves to Dhruv, once it was her department Prachi followed along her colleagues as Shantanu introduced them to Dhruv.

".... and this is Prachi Sharma, My good colleague. She is very talented."

As Shantanu introduced her before she could say her hello to him Dhruv interrupted,

"I know her. You look good Prachi."

Finding all eyes on her way little bit unbearable for her but she managed to act natural and responded,

"Thank you so much Dhruv ... Sir."

After few talks they politely excused themselves from Dhruv and Nita and Riya took this chance to ask Prachi for some gossips,

But she threw cold water at their excitement when they learned that it was just nothing but small meeting that too by accident.

"I thought maybe he was your prince charming like how it's always in novels.. alas, I thought too much. " -- Nita

" Still he is handsome, you must've felt something for him! Right?" -- Riya

" You guys think too much!!

Again Riya chimed in,

" But still isn't it dreamy like, I mean out of all men she had a accident with our new CEO.. damn cliché. Now you both will fall in love. "

" Riya you should be an author instead of working here. "

Prachi excused Riya's thoughts however unaware of any reason she still felt butterflies in her stomach thinking about the possibility.

'He is such a gentleman after all '

...........

Party kept going on and Prachi was enjoying with her friends chit chatting about gossips,

In a moment of seconds a waiter coincidentally poured wine on her blouse, embarassed she stood still unaware of what to do when suddenly she found herself being wrapped in black cote hiding her drenched chest perfectly behind them.

Saving her from all the hungry eyes, and when she looked up at the saviour of hers it was none other than Dhruv who met her eyes and she felt world around her stop leaving only two of them.

Her breath hitched as she felt him buttoning herself to avoid any unnecessary situation happening and found the waiter apologizing bowing to herself when Dhruv dismissed him.

"Come."

His one word unknowingly made her follow him as he pulled her along, looking back housekeeping staff already started cleaning up the mess she left behind and looking up to him again she found him staring ahead talking to someone on call through his Bluetooth.

'Did I just experienced romance novel plot? Am I the typical damsel in distress? But it feels so good treated like that.... '

She was smiling like a fool when realisation hit her,

'wait but I am just drenched.. why is he carrying me in his arms though? I can walk! '

Immediately she struggled to get down when his authoritative eyes met hers.

"Sir my legs are fine. I can walk."

"Welcome to reality Ms. Sharma."

'Why does it seem like he is mocking me! '

Staring at his smug face with hint of mockery in his eyes she confirmed,

'He is mocking me! '

"Sir, put me down please."

Dhruv gently helped her stand on ground and thanking she looked ahead to find they were standing next to a clothing store.

Looking at all glamorous dresses hesitation fell all over her, taking a step back she exclaimed,

"I think sir, I can go home."

Her movement stopped when she bumped into him, when he asked,

"Have you had dinner?"