Chapter 15

Jace POV

"What is taking them so long?" I asked Alec, standing outside of Isabelle and Clary's dorm. We've standing out here for about twenty minutes, waiting for them so we can go to the party.

"Mmm." Alec has seemed distracted for the last few weeks. Something has to be going on with him, he must have girlfriend or something. I make a mental note to ask him about that later.

"We're here!" Isabelle shouts, I turn around on my heel. I stifle a gasp, next to Izzy stands clary, she is wearing a black Lacy dress that goes to mid thigh.

"This dress is way to short!" Clary complains.

"No it not! Alec tell her how good she looks." Isabelle insists.

"She looks like her phone number should be on a bathroom wall." Alec says jokingly.

"Very funny, Alec." Isabelle says sourly.

"Glad to be a help." Isabelle rolls her eyes.

"We really should go." Clary points out. I glance at my watch and see she's right. It's already 7:40, the party started at 7:35 and its ten minutes away.

"She's right." I say. The four of us clamber into the car.

-------------

Why is Clary talking to Simon? More importantly, why is she laughing?
Oh. No. She did not just playfully slap his arm.

I've had enough.

"Hey!" I waved as I walked up.

"Oh hi Jace." He seemed disappointed, which he should be. I mean who can resist this.

"Can I talk to you alone for a minute?" I may have tried to make his head explode with my brain, but nothing happened.

"Umm. . . " Simon looked nervous. Good!

"I'll be over there." Clary gave her farewell and walked over to some brown haired girl. I think her name is Sophia or something.

"Back off" I said once she was out of ear shot.

"What do you mean?" Simon looked confused. Idiot.

"Stop hitting on clary!"

"What? I'm not. . . No! No! I'm not flirting with clary."

"Suuure!" My tone was dripping with sarcasm. " Just don't."

"But-"

"Eh, dont"

"But-"

"No"

"What is-"

"NO"

"But what-"

"NO!" I stormed away.

That was a fantastic talk!

Sophie POV

Gideon and I were making out in the broom closet. Well, until Tessa and Will walked in on us.

Let me explain.

I was getting ready for the party at Magnus's, even I wasn't going to miss this party, when Gideon called.

"Hey." I said when I answered the phone, "what's up?"

"Well, um, are going to Magnus's party?"

"Of course, why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to," Gideon cleared his throat. "Um, carpool?"

"Uh sure. Is anyone else coming with us?" I had to stifle a laugh, Gideon can be so cute sometimes.

"Yeah, I think Gabriel and Cecily are." He shrugged.

"Okay. Well, bye." It was very awkward.

"Bye." A click signaled that he he had hung up.

------------

A/N

Yep, another cliffhanger. I didn't realize the last chapter was a cliffhanger until people were commenting more. I went back and reread it, then I started evil laughing. 😈

I also dyed the bottom half of my hair blue.

Bye!