Chapter 22

Alec POV

What the hell? Of all the people who could text me why Camille? How did she even get my account name? (this is on Messenger not Imessage FYI) I unlocked my phoen to see what she had sent me. It was a reveling picture of magnus. On normal circumstances I would've enjoyed seeing that picture, but since it had been first seen by camille, I didn't really want it. I decided that I would rather not go to the party tonight considering that Camille would probably be there. I flopped onto my bed and decided to take a nap.

Clary POV

"Let's go!" Sophie whined.

"I'm coming!" I said. I slipped on my heels and run, well more if hobbled. I was never very good at walking in heels.

I grabbed my keys and pulled open the door, Tessa and Sophie followed behind me. Sophie asked Tessa if she was excited to see Will and I could hear the blush in her voice when she mumbled a reply.

We hopped in my car and started toward the Lightwood's house.

Once we arrived at the party we saw the lovely sight of two girls throwing up in the shrubbery. We carefully avoided that as we walked up to the door.

As we walked into the house we saw some drunk blonde girl trying to talk Magnus but he clearly did not want to talk to her. I made eye contact with him and he looked at me pleadingly, i didn't know him that well, just that he was friends with alec, but i felt bad for him.

"I'll be right back" I told my friends over the music and slipped away towards Magnus.

"Hey!" I said when I over to magnus and the girl wearing way too much makeup.

The girl glared at me and looked me up and down, then smirked. Oh, I really don't like this girl.

"What do you want?" She said like she was swallowing acid.

"I need to talk to Magnus." I said sweetly.

"Why?"

"Because."

"Um Camille, I should probably go talk to Clary." Magnus said, looking at me gratefully.

The girl, Camille, huffed and walked away.

"Thank you so much!" Magnus sighed in relief. "Do you know where Alec would be?"

"Um, I haven't seen him her tonight, but this is his house so he's probably around her somewhere." I answered.

"Uh okay, thanks." Magnus said. Waving good-bye, he turned and walked away.

I looked around for Izzy or Sophie, but didn't see them anywhere. Shrugging I walked towards the kitchen. I ran into Jace on the way there.

"Well hello" He said to me.

Blushing I mumbled a hello.

"So I haven't seen you since school started, do you want hang out next Friday?" Jace asked.

"Uh yeah, sure!" Oh god, was that to excited?

"See you then." He winked and strided away.

Magnus POV

As I wandered around completely lost in the freaking enormous Lightwood house. I turned down another never ending hallway, and began walking down it. Why did one house need twenty rooms? I know there's eight people living here, but damn. I was scared out of my thoughts when the door right in front me opened and almost slammed into my beautiful face.

"Gahhhh!" I shrieked.

"Wha?" A sleepy looking Alec turned to me. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"He-hey" Alec said clearing his throat. His hair stuck up in a million directions and he looked absolutely adorable.

"Hey" I said smiling.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, your sister invited me and I was attempting to get the bathroom but I got lost in your humongous mansion."

He blushed, "It's not thaaat big."

"Really? You could fit half of the students from shadowhunter high in here!"

He blushed deeper.

"So could you tell me how to get out of this labyrinth you call a house and back to the party?" I asked.

"Uh yeah, so you just take a left at the end of this hallway, and the stairs should be right around there."

"Okay thanks, boo" As I turned I saw Alec's face go completely red, he's so cute.

Alec POV

Once Magnus was out of my sight, I tried to wipe the smile off of my face and turned to go back into my room.

"You do realize you have no chance, right? I heard a voice behind me say.

"My god, your like a fungus, don't you ever go away?" I turned to face Camille.

"Not when your so obviously in love with my boyfriend." Camille hissed at me.

"Move on! He's obviously not into you so back off!" I said exasperated.

"Never! He will always love me!" She screeched and turned on her heel and stalked away.

That bitch is crazy.

A/N

Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter! Hopefully there will be some more interesting things happening soon. If you guys have any ideas for the story, you guys can message me or just comment it! I'll try to update ASAP! Also, have any of you read lady midnight yet, what are your thoughts?! I've only read about 50 pages but it's so awesome to finally have another Cassandra Clare book!