Chapter 17

Clary POV

Jace materialized next to me.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi."

"Are you having fun?"

Was I having fun? Honestly, not so much. Izzy had left to go dance with Simon lik thirty minutes ago, but I looked over and she wasn't there.

Tessa was, of course, dancing with will. Strangely, some raven haired kid kept staring at them ruefully. I think the kids name was James or something.

I had no clue where Sophie was.

So here I was, standing off to the side drinking awful punch.

"Uh yeah, it's really fun." I tried to sound sincere. I don't think it worked.

"You're not a very good liar." Jace said, "Wanna dance?" He held out his hand.

"Why not." I followed Jace onto the floor.

(I don't know how to dance so. . .)

Later!
Still clary pov

Jace and I danced for a little while. It was almost twelve, but the school disbanded the curfew for holidays. (It's thanksgiving) The school also allowed us to leave campus for longer amounts of time.

"I'm gonna go get a drink, want anything?" Asked Jace.

"Yeah, can you get me some sprite?"

"Sure, I'll be back."

"Okay." I watched Jace disappear from view.

Once he was gone, I felt a rough hand wrap around hip.

Sebastian.

"Let go of me." Even to me, my tone was filled with anger and hate.

"Come on, babe! Just dance with me." He's breath stank of the stale smell of cheap beer.

"No!" I writhed in his death grip.

"Hey, are you deaf? She said let go!" I heard Jace shout from behind me.

Sebastian was pulled of me. I jumped forward, and turned around. Jace had Sebastian pinned up against the wall. His broken arm hanging limply on the cast, I felt a twisted sense of satisfaction.

"I let you off easily last time, this time o won't." Jace's eyes seemed to be glowing with fury.

Sebastian sneered, "You wouldn't hit somebody with a broken arm."

"You sure?" Smack. Sebastian's nose may never be the same again, and I wasn't heart broken.

"Wow hit somebody who can't defend himself, you're so awesome."

"I know I am." Jace punched Sebastian under the chin. Blood dripped out of Sebastian's nose and onto the carpet.

"NOT THE CARPET!" I turned around and saw Magnus looking horrified at the carpet. Alec stood next to him looking angrily at Sebastian. Alec had some glitter on him, and Magnus's makeup was smudged. Hmm.

"Take it outside!" Magnus shouted. Jace turned to him and scowled.

I walked up to Jace and put my hand on his arm. Wow, that thing was hard! I looked him in the eye. "Just let him go he's not worth it."

Jace looked at me reluctantly. He sighed and loosened his grip on Sebastian. Sebastian took this opportunity and weasels away.

"You better run!" Jace shouted at Sebastian's retreating figure. He turned to me. "Why you make me do that? I could have beaten him senseless!"

"Jace you can't try to kill him every day!"

"Yes I can!"

I sighed. "Just let it go."

-----------------
A/N

I am soooo sorry about not updating, tbh I'm just lazy. But good news, schools over! So, I'll be able to update way more often! I got sent this- effective.
Power
لُلُصّبُلُلصّبُررً h

Thing. It's that message that makes apple products reset. Fun! Well, I'll try and update soon, and sorry this chapter sucked!