scenarios004: cooking

You are dreaming. A dream where you would wake up with me, staring at each other for a while to gain energy before we stand up. We would go to the kitchen to cook something. I would prepare the ingredients: chop onions, garlic, or whatever you need while you will be the one to cook. You would ask me to hand you the ingredients you need for the dish. And while I am not doing anything, I would be behind you, arms around your waist and my chin over your shoulders as I watch and listen to you explaining the process of cooking it. Finally, it's finished--our dish. You placed the chicken broth in the bowl, happily serving it on the table. You lean down and it smells burnt, as you always make it.

Wait.

Burnt?

You don't have any time to adjust your vision. You open your eyes wide right away as you woke up to the smell of something burning. But what made you stand up quickly is the sound of someone crying. 

Exiting the bedroom, you see me by the kitchen, pacing back and forth and loudly expressing my concerns to myself.

Now what should I do, what should I do~?! What if my lover will wake up and-

I stop the thought when I see you by our bedroom door. "What's wrong baby?" You asked. 

"I-"I mumbled in fear of what you will say or how you will react if I told you. My lips quiver which makes you worried. You walk over to me and hold me by my shoulders. I look down as you try to calm me. it didn't take you long to figure out where the burnt smell is coming from. You lean to take a peep and the pot has...

"I tried to cook your favorite chicken broth but I burnt the..." I did not get to finish my sentence but you know what I'm gonna say: chicken. 

The chicken meat in the pot is all brown and slaughtered.

"I'm sorry..." I added. 

You turn your head to me, I'm still refusing to look up. i bet you're upset, mad, or what. It made me feel flustered.

Instead, you walk over to me"Oh baby-" you said with a soft and calm voice. 

"I just want to try and cook for us because I know you're tired at work-" I sniff.

"Baby, it's alright-"

"No, it isn't. I wasted the money we bought for the ingredients..."

 "Baby~" You lift my head up by cupping both sides of my face (I'm glad only a few drops of tears formed in my eyes.) Your palms squish my cheeks which you find cute so your smile grew. "Come here." You push my head down to your shoulders and hug me tight. "oh my baby~ so sweet and caring~"

"But I failed otherwise so it's useless..." I mumbled on your shoulders, which is only an inch higher than me. 

You push my shoulders to face me. "No baby, it's not~ You tried your best~!"

"But baby look at the mess. It's a-" Your lips stop my negativity from flowing out of my mouth, We stayed there, standing. But when you start moving your lips, that's when I gave in. I cup your left cheek as you cup my right. 

My back is against the sink as you slowly go down to my neck and up to my ears. I am holding onto the sink as I feel my legs get weak. As if what you're doing to me ain't making me weak, you have to say: "You did your best, my darling. It's alright." 

I gasp as your warm breath on my skin gives me goosebumps. Your eyes on mine just made it worse for my heart to calm down (also your voice sounds hot so how can you expect me to?)

"I love you" I whisper under my breath.

You give me a soft smile that just makes my heart race even more. "And I love you a lot more" You kiss me again, longer and sweeter. You deepen the kiss before you pull away. 

We always hate how the kiss just stops, but our eyes staring at each other makes it worth it. 

You ruffle my head. "Hmm~ You little twat I love you so much~!!" you pinch my cheeks and while that made me whine, it made you giggle. "Let's make scrambled eggs with tomatoes and onions, shall we?"

I smile and nod.

You chuckle and you place your arms on my shoulders, leading us by the counter. "Come on now, baby. I'll teach you how to make one so you can cook for me next time."

I push your arms off me. "I already know how to make that~!" I cross my arms and scoff. "Easy."

"Why didn't you cook that for me instead?"

"I just want to...Try something special for you so you could be proud of me." I look down at the floor and chew my cheeks, feeling flushed remembering the stupid thing I did.

 You giggle and lightly bonk at my forehead. "Idiot. Let's go and make breakfast now." I look at you with a grumpy face but I still obey.

After gathering ingredients from the fridge and cabinet, you turn to me and kiss me on the forehead. "Remember: I am always proud of everything you do, okay? You don't have to go big all the time. With your writing, sure because you're so much better at it. With cooking, try to stick with what you know or tried. Even if it's just a simple scrambled egg, I'll be fine--as long as it's you who made them, and you know how to."

After whisking the eggs and cutting up the onions and tomatoes, You grab the pan and brought it up to heat.

"And if you want to know how to cook something, just tell me and we can do it together, okay?" You kiss me on the cheeks.

"Mhm." I nod and huffed then I let my head hang low in shame. I can feel your stares at me again. Is it because you notice I feel gloomy again?

Before I could ask, you take my chin, "You know I always love doing everything with you." Then one finger on each side moves up to my cheeks and squishes it. "You cutie~" You move down so that we can rub noses and then you peck me. 

When you pull away, my cheeks heat up. You bit your bottom lip to stop yourself from giggling at me. 

"C'mon now baby, let's make these scrambled eggs together."