scenario15: dream

You woke up with a smile on your face. Yesterday was amazing. It was the first time you get to meet me. It felt amazing. We had such a great time together. And oh how could we forget about last night, where we spend it by kissing each other, staring at each other's eyes and smiles, moaning names and I love yous.

You sigh. Such a beautiful reoccurring dream that always felt so real to you.

You turn around, ready to sleep again when you notice that the ceiling and walls are not wood like your room does, and your bed is not this silky white, and that someone is sleeping on the other side of a somewhat king-sized bed, their back facing you.

Wait a minute, you start to think back about what happened yesterday that lead to this moment. So far you thought of nothing but your dream...

No, you thought, this can't be...

You lean forward, trying to get the glimpse of their face. My hair is a bit messy,--some strands raised, some on my face,--and I look peaceful sleeping. The moment you saw it, you lean back, eyes wide and cheeks pink. No way is this real..

Your heart starts to panic, like it's frantically running back and forth in the room for you. This can't be right. My dream finally came true? Today? This is not real, this is just a dream in another dream you need to wake. Up.

If there are ways to wake yourself up from a dream, surely slapping your face five times on each side of your cheeks is not the right way. Besides hurting your cheeks and making it all red as a tomato, it did not work. You're still on the bed, half naked, with me sleeping, the blanket covering my skin.

You decide to "test" this dream out instead.

"If I'm really with you then I can probably..." You put your index finger up, and slowly making its way to my skin as if it's a spaceship taking off to a new planet.

As soon as I feel your fingertip on my cheek, you paused and let it sit there for a minute. The room is silent, only the beating of our hearts and my breathing filling up the space in the air.

Your face starts to heat up more. You feel like the color red rises from your neck up to your cheeks. You can feel your heart beating so loud even I can hear it from here.

"Oh my fuck..." You thought out loud. "It's real..."

And it seems like that's your whole vocabulary as you start to whisper-squeal how what we had yesterday is real, that I'm here, that we're together, and finally we spend a whole day together instead of just an hour, and you're just so happy.

You can't believe that the dreams you've been having has come true. What happened in those dreams are not exactly what happened yesterday but nonetheless, we can finally spend the days for long and together.

You stopped love-panicking and try to calm yourself down. Then, with a still beating heart, you pull me closer til your chest touches my back and you start to pet my head and speak of the most lovely words I could never think of myself--I guess love just makes you write poems that sings in my heart.

But what you don't know is all this time, I'm awake. I was admiring you before you woke up so I panicked and pretended to sleep.

It's a good thing I did. The problem is, I end up staying "asleep" because I don't want your sweet words get cut off in the moment. As you say your romantic words, I try to hold my smile back and wish that you do not hear my heart screaming love for you.