Scenario011: horror movie

We both dressed up to go on a movie date. We don't know what to watch yet, and that's the fun of it. We did not look up on the internet what's showing and instead, we will just see it for ourselves at the theatre when we arrive. And if ever there's nothing there that will pique our interest we can go to the arcade and have fun (or have fun in the bathroom, if you know what I mean...Like...having fun washing our hands...)

Before we went to the theatre, we went to the bookstore first--my demand--where you do nothing but stand there as I stroll through the bookshelves, complain about people being reckless, and how there are only a few books stored, and crying at the books I can't buy because we need enough money to watch a movie and afford food.

When we got there, we saw a small queue by the ticket booth as well as the food booth. We got in line for the tickets as we scan through the lists of movies. You suggest we watch the romcom movie, and I said yes. But the closer we get to the counter, I squealed loud enough that people in front of me turn around and give judging looks.

"What is it?" you asked.

I pointed at the movie next to the rom-com one that you suggested. It is not just a horror movie, but the horror movie I've been dreading to see. It's what I keep talking to you about.

"Fuck I wanna see it so bad," I said, and it's true. I am thinking of going our separate ways when watching but I don't want to leave you alone, and I don't wanna watch alone. So I decide not to push the idea of watching the movie. Besides, I can wait for months for that to be out on illegal websites and I will just watch it on my own.

I hear you sigh behind me as the queue move. "We can watch the horror movie."

I turn around. "What? No!"

"But you wanna watch it."

'Well, I can wait~! It will be out on the internet someday."

"But you've been waiting for that for so long. Heck, you're even excited."

"But I don't wanna watch movies alone-"

"That's why I wanna watch with you."

"But you're scared."

"It's fine, okay? As long as I'm with you."

My heart skips a beat. I never thought I could love you more than I did now. But I don't wanna celebrate just yet. "What about the romcom?"

"It's fine. We can watch that the next time."

"But-"

"Shut up now, love. I'm good watching the horror movie with you."

"Okay." I know you're pushy, so I did not argue anymore.

As we reach the counter, I end up asking the cashier to buy four tickets--two for the horror movie, and two for the rom-com.

"Babe-"

"Ssssshhhhhut up love~" I kiss your forehead and smile before I go back and choose our seats and take the tickets. I smirk at you as we walk away from the counter. You forgot that I'm just as pushy.

"We will watch the horror movie first, then we'll go romcom," I explained before we went to the arcade to play games for a bit while we wait for our watching time, trying to let ourselves--mostly you--relax for a bit before we get to watch.

As the alarm on my phone goes off, we start to run to buy one bucket of popcorn as well as drinks and off to the booth where the movie is showing. We arrive just in time as the commercials are showing as we walk to our seats.

Even in the dark, I notice your hands shaking and the movie hasn't even started. I hold your hand and lean close to you. "I'm here, okay? No worries?" Despite assuring you, I am the one that is worrying.

The movie is starting well so far. Nothing scary is happening yet. Usually, I don't like it when horror movies don't give me that thrill quickly. But now I sigh in relief knowing you won't get easily scared at this. I know that because your hands relax on mine.

But when the creepy music starts playing and the slow close-up to a door shows up, you tighten your hands on mine and shut your eyes. I hold yours back and tell you that it's alright, follow by my sassy funny explanation of what happened. Still, with many scary things that are happening in the movie, you are more shaky than ever and you keep covering your face. I can't stand seeing you like this while I'm the only one enjoying this. As the climax emerges, and something important is about to happen, you start heaving.

"Hey-"

"I'm good, love." You said in between pants.

I sigh and pull your hand from your eyes. You shriek for a second until I turn your head to me and kiss your lips. 

The surroundings stop. I can't hear the movie anymore, nor am I aware of what's happening on the screen but I don't care. Every time our lips collide, everything disappears and it's just the two of us.

I wonder if you feel the same, as I feel the calmness of your breath in my mouth when you pull me closer. We keep kissing for God knows how long. But we pulled away, and we both smile. Then I told you, "I am here. Just look at me when you feel scared, okay?"

You nodded and with that, we keep watching. I don't know what the hell is happening now, but for sure I know that it's worth it to miss it.

->--<3-->>

The movie ended and we got out, smiling as we buy another bag of popcorn and on to the romcom movie.

"Hey," you said the moment we sit down. "I'm sorry you have to-"

I stop your words by kissing you in five seconds. "I told you that you don't have to be sorry, you twat!"

I turn my head to the screen and watch the movie.

In most of the sweet scenes, I start to cringe and even say "ew", "yuck", and other forms of abhorrent terms as well as pretending to puke. 

You know that's how I usually react when it comes to romance movies most of the time. sometimes you laugh at it, most times you hate it and would ask me to leave.

But when I did my pretend-to-be-disgusted look while saying "Yuck they're so cringe" you pull me into a long sweet kiss, and when you pull out you said, "Don't start, even we say those things so shut up." So shut up I did. Almost the whole movie, I end up staring at you or the screen with my face flushed. 

Well, she's not wrong.