Scenario16: sick

It's the weekend, finally. After a week of working our asses for, we can finally get some rest. 

Though waking up, you feel how unusually hot my body is. 

"Baby?" You asked.

I groaned.

You sat up and place your palms on my forehead, then the back of your hand on my neck. You quickly take them away like I'm a hot stove.

"Love! You're hot!"

"You keep telling me that." I said in a hoarse voice. 

"That's not what I mean!" 

After pressing me a couple times, I end up letting you know that these past few days, I don't feel well; my throat sores and my nose is always runny. But I just ignore it, thinking it will go away for a few days. But with the schedule of waking up just to got to work and heading home to sleep right away makes things worse. But I did not plan to tell you that because I don't want you to worry. I am just dumb enough to think that my skin is thick enough to hide it.

"You did not bother to buy medicine in the following days?"

"I'm too lazy~! Also, you wouldn't have bought us a tub of ice cream each if you will know I feel ill."

"Obviously."

"Which is why i didn't tell!"

You let out a loud sigh. "Oh I don't know what to do with you."

I whine. "You hate me?" 

You did not say anything. 

"Hmp! You hate me!"

"I'm gonna buy you medicine!" 

"No, you hate me!" 

I assume you did not hear the last word I said when the door slammed behind you. 

I bury my head on the pillow for a while before I stand up. Walking out of the bedroom, I notice that all the notebooks, papers, and books are everywhere on the couches and table. I walk up to them and start tidying it up.  After I put them on the bookshelf, I thought of sweeping the floor. My head throbs as I do the simple chores but I ignore them. To make things fun, I put my earphones in and play my favorite pop songs. 

After 4 songs, you enter the room while I'm on my way to clean the kitchen tops. You saw me wiping off the dust on the table and you immidiately drop the plastic bag youre holding. 

"What are you doing?!" 

I was surprised when you held my arms. I did not realize you arrive already.

As much as I miss you, I put on my snob face on. "isn't it obvious?" I spoke sarcastically.

"well don't clean! You know you're sick!"

"Well I can manage! Look! I'm fine!"

You look at me, observing my teary eyes, runny nose that makes me heave, my blushing face. You stare at me for so long that I have to let out the dry cough that I've been holding. 

"You need rest."

"No." I walk to the trash bin and throw out the wipes I used for the table. 

As I'm about to grab another sheet, you said: "I'm serious." 

I turn my head, I can hear from your voice that you're being strict, and your face confirms it: a straight face, somehow emotionless-looking but you eyes look like it will laser me if I make one mistake. 

I challenge you, my lips push forward and eyebrows knitted like a little kid who won't listen to her mother.  

You raise your eyebrows. "So you don't wanna do it?"