scenario17: Under The Christmas Lights

The city couldn't get any louder, especially being inside the mall. Chatters of people and Christmas songs topple over one another and the café is no exception.

You are working extra hard, pushing out orders and greeting every customers with your beautiful smile. I watch you from afar while waiting for my order. I requested for it to be created last because I want to surprise you. With the room being crowded and you being so focused, you did not notice me. The person at  the cashier and some other staff does recognize me (It is true that you show me to them, which still baffles me) and they're trying to keep their mouths closed about me being here.

I tap my fingers on the table like it's a piano, except the 'pianist' is having an anxiety. I fix the bouquet of sunflowers every second and stare at the letter I wrote taped over the box of your favorite cake, wondering if I should cover up the shitty drawing I made of us. Just anything to calm my nerves, but it never did. I'm too excited and nervous. Oh God how will you react?

Customers starts leaving one by one, then three by three, then in groups. I move to the table where you can't see me. but I still peak as you make the same frappe I always order. I watch you turn the cup that shows my name, then you pause. When you start to look around, I lean back. It took long before you call out my name. 

That's when I show up, acting like it's no big deal. "Thank you for my order." I grab my drink, not looking at you for a second. But when you've gone quiet, I decide to look up. You're eyes open wide, mouth slightly agape. You're so cute. You're always cute, and you're just getting cuter. "Hi," I manage to let out with a smile. 

It seems your brain stopped functioning for two minutes until you squeal and run out the ends of the counter and almost make me stumble when you hug me.

"Oh my baby, I did not expect you to be here~"

I laugh. "That's what you call a surprise baby."

"Did they know?" 

"Yeah. I told them not to tell you. Good thing you were on your break when I arrive."

You pull out from the hug and we both stare at each other. But shortly after you giggle back on my chest. "Oh~ you~"

I chuckle. "What?"

"Why do you have to surprise me like this~?" You whine.

"You don't want it?"

"It's not tha~t! It's just...I'm so so happy."

I kiss your forehead. "That's all I ever want."

It's my turn to pull out from the hug because I wanna hold your face in between my hands and kiss you. But once I lean in, you don't want to let go. 

After a minute, we both pull away. "Get dressed now, love."

And so you did, making your way to the back skipping. I find that cute.

 While you're changing, I grab both the bouquet and the cake while I wait for you outside the store. 

I watch your co workers wave goodbye at me and we greet each other. After five of them came out, You make your way to me. First, you stare at my face, then at what I'm holding. Your facial expression change, you gasp as you put your hands on your cheeks. 

"No waayy!"

I chuckle before I kneel down and give you the flowers like they're a wedding ring.

"Oh baby~"

"Merry Christmas, honey." 

I stand up after you take the bouquet and I kiss you on the lips. 

"You also bought a cake?!"

"Of course!"

"You don't have to do that!" You playfully hit my shoulders to which I giggle.

"Well I want to because I love you~!"

I give you another kiss before we continue walking.

"They know me."

"Who?"

"Your co-workers. I feel like a celebrity for a second there when they said my name"

You chuckle. "Told you I talk about you."

"I did not know you do so much!" I chuckle.

We walk in a calm silence, our hands never letting go of each other.

"Hey love?"

"Hmm?"

You look down and lick your lips. "I don't have anything for you yet."

I raise my eyebrows. "And?"

"Well, you have given me these and...I feel like I should give you something."

"You don't have to-"

"It's not that I wont, okay? I just don't have my salary yet."

"And that is fine, love. We can just go to the park. Hmm?"

You nod your head. "Okay."

The park is surprisingly bright. Every trees we pass by is wrapped in Christmas lights. People are around every parts of the park, by the street food stalls, by the trees, or on the bench. We went by the bench with tables, gladly we found one. But when I sat down, you instead tell me that you have to do something. I sip on my drink while I wait until you arrive, holding up a plastic bag with plastic cups filled with kwek-kwek and calamari.

"I don't want to celebrate Christmas with you without anything. let's eat."

And so we did. You get to open up the card I give you and you like it. You're laughing so hard at my shitty drawing and feel giddy at what I've written. Then your grin widens when you saw the cake I bought you.

While we eat, you tell me, "I'm sorry I don't have anything for you today." Then you look up. "What?" You asked when you see me staring at you. 

Slowly, I smile thinking: if only you knew what's in my head right now. Tonight, I watch you laugh, listen to you rant, feel the warmth of your hands and the weight of your body. And every second of it is the best. And you made me feel the happiest without ever giving me material objects--just your presence.

If only you know that just being with you under these Christmas lights are enough. to make my heart spark and explode into different colors before fireworks blow in new years eve. 

Right now, your eyes are wide and your chocolate-smeared mouth pouts. Then I lean in to peck you. Then I peck you again, and again, until our lips dance over one another. Suddenly, the carols don't matter, nor the Christmas lights. 

In this moment, it's just you. Only you.

When we pull out, my thumb is brushing against your cheeks. I smile, my eyes teary. "You are enough present for me that will last a lifetime, honey."

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Your lesbian daddy is back! Giving you two updates on my novel (pls read it if you're 18 and above and want some spicy enemies-to-lovers story) and two updates here too?!! WHAAAAAA??? the gays won, yet again!

This is my Christmas gift to you all sapphics~!! May every one of you have a merry and a gay Christmas~~ <3333