CHAPTER 13

Ladies and gentlemen,
Termites and ants,
Here is the chapter I know nothing about.
Creativity is low and ideas don't flow,
Character is based on something I wrote.
A story of mine, literature fine,
That I shall add to make this nice.
Sit back and read like it's a show
Eat popcorn, like and remember to vote.
  😊😊😊🥺🤗🤗🤗👍
                   -Sincerely, Author chan.

???pov
The demon slayers bombarded her with questions to which she answered all. They were all pissed to hear that Muzan had kissed her and wanted to make her his queen.
  "How dare he touch you!" Rengoku exclaimed furiously.
  "How dare upper moon two try to touch you in the first place! I will poison him so heavy that he would regret the day he was born!" Shinobu said as multiple veins popped on her forehead. She went to the butterfly mansion and ate five plates of wisteria flowers to make her blood extremely poisonous.
     " Look, you all are getting a bit too worked up. Knowing Muzan, he'd probably have his upper moons come after me, so I suggest we patrol once more and I use myself as bait" Kagayaki said unfazed by the angry aura radiating off everyone around her.
    They all calmed down and agreed to her plan although they didn't like it. Kagayaki went to the butterfly mansion for a little snack before she was to leave. Nezuko was out of her box and rushed to hug her.
   "Hi Nezuko, did you miss me?" she asked the cute demon girl who nodded in agreement and clung onto her.
    "Don't worry Nezuko, I'm alright. I just want to patrol with the others one last time so I can deal with them tonight" she explain and saw the pained expression on her face. She kissed her forehead and told her not to worry.
      Nezuko ran to her box and brought her her nichirin and wore her kimono.
   "I see you like my kimono Nezuko, it's all yours and thank you for keeping my blade well" she said sweetly and patted Nezuko's hair as she hummed with joy.
      All the hashiras along with Kagayaki went out in search of the upper moons. The ventured into the forest and ended up splitting into two teams with five members each.
   Kagayaki ended up with Rengoku, Muichiro, Mitsuri and Giyuu. They all walked quietly and kept their guard up. Kagayaki started picking up some vibrations when she placed her hand on the ground which meant people were nearby. She gestured everyone to climb up the trees and they did so although they were no sure why.
     After a moment, they saw the three upper moons appear from the bushes.
    "I can smell her and a few others nearby" Kokushibo said to the others.
     "I wish I could drink her blood, she must taste great" Douma chimed and got punched by Akaza.
    "When would you learn to respect women? And have you felt her aura? She didn't even need a nichirin to decapitate all five remaining upper moons and you want to eat her? I wished she had killed you" Akaza said as he glared at Douma.
    "Ah well, but she is gorgeous. And I swear that outfit she wore is really sexy" Douma said and sighed dreamily.
     "We're here to find her not talk about her. Focus" Kokushibo said as they walked on with a light blush on his face as a picture of her came present in his mind.
   Kagayaki mouthed to the others that she was going to confront them one on one and they should serve as back up. The others didn't get a chance to protest because she had already created a pit and jumped into it.
        She tunnelled her way to the surface where she knew she would clash into the demons. As royalty, she was taught to make a grand entrance all the time so she waited till the demons got to a stop. The upper moons were growing agitated since they had a few hours till daybreak to find her. Out of the blue, the was a pit of fire on the ground and a being crawled out and stood to it's full height. Its whole body was ablaze and eyes were glowing white. The being cooled off to reveal Kagayaki with a stoic look on her face.
  "Kagayaki chan, nice to see you. Master ordered us to bring you to him  but I don't want to" Douma said half hearted with an uncertain smile.
    "That bastard should come get me himself if he wants me so bad" she said in a composed manner.
      She proceeded to create a stone throne with her pyro kinesis (fire manipulation) and sat down with her legs crossed.
   "I don't have time for any of you,.I'm a busy woman, but this is the only time I will spare to talk to you" she said as the demons knelt down slowly to listen.
     "I've heard you all don't remember much of your human lives when you become demons, but I'm feeling generous tonight so I'll help you jog back your memories" she began and looked at them with narrowed eyes.
    She whistled and all the hashiras came at once with their blades on the demons's necks.
    "Now, after this little session of ours, if you all still choose to go to Muzan's side I'll let you walk away and you'll fight another day" she said lowly and cocked her head.
    "Let's kill them now!" all the hashiras said in unison.
  "Patience, this battle is yours not mine and would be fought at the wrong time anyways, just let me do what I must" she said coolly as her hands glowed with purple smoke and her eyes glowed with light blue.
      All three upper moons eyes turned white as they saw memories of their past flash through their minds.
      She then allowed them to see how their lives would have been if they hadn't become demons and it was quite pleasant. Kokushibo and Akaza teared up a bit minus Douma, since he can't feel emotions.
    The whole thing ended which had the demons looking down on the ground and the hashiras confused but still on high alert.
    "What did you do to them?" Giyuu asked.
   "I triggered their human memories and showed them how their lives would have turned out if they hadn't become demons" she said.
    "You can see the past and future?" Sanemi yelled.
   "No, I'm not the time goddess. I check the options people had in the past, the ones they took and use sorcery to see a bit of their fate. It's complicated" she said and yawned.
  "Kokushibo, or should I say Michikatsu. Your brother did care about you but your desire to surpass him and jealousy led you to become this way" she said as she looked at him with a bit of pity in her eyes.
  "How did you know my real name?" Kokushibo asked with a bit of quiver in his voice.
  " I do sorcery, which gives me the ability to summon the spirit of the dead. I summoned Yoriichi, he told me everything and we talk every now and then" she said as a matter -of - factly.
   "Tell me, what did you gain becoming a demon? Who are you proving your swordsmanship to? You failed to shape your flaws into skills and now, you are an empty shell of your former self. Your father is also to blame, and so are you" she said in melancholy.
    "Akaza or should I say Hakuji? hmmm. Your past is quite sad but you proved to be a great martial artist when you were human. The world was harsh but you still moved on, so why did you let the loss of your loved ones get the better of you?" she said, paused and sighed before she continued.
   "We all grief, but we don't dwell on it, and that was your mistake. You failed to believe in your abilities back then so now, you've lost a lot of it. And you thought becoming a demon would help you regain it? Look at yourself now" she added and turned to look at Douma before she cringed her nose and furrowed her brows in annoyance.
    "I don't know where to begin with you. Your parents were idiotic thinking you were some sort of mediator with the gods" she said as Douma perked up, excited that someone understood him a bit.
   "You really get me, I was never any special child" he added with a smile.
   "You're right,but your era was full of shallow minded people. You on the other hand, you painted a fake personality and used your looks to support it" she said slightly raising her voice and exhaled.
   "Since you couldn't feel emotions and still can't, you do what you please. The only thing I can say is that you need help, psychiatric help. And maybe you need someone to break  you down so you can rebuild yourself. But I highly doubt it'd have much effect on you." she added as all the hashiras listened to how broken demons were.
   "You've spent centuries serving a narcissist and how do you feel. Does he treat you well? How many times has he yelled over the slightest thing. You all lack the courage to face him and can't set yourselves free" Kagayaki stretched and sat down properly.
     Just then, they heard rustling in the bushes and turned to see Muzan coming out with a scowl on his face which melted a bit after seeing Kagayaki. She showed him her middle finger and stuck out her tongue.
    All the hashiras drew out their swords as Kagayaki kissed her teeth.
   With folded fingers, she encased him in an earth casket leaving his head.
   "Release me at once, as your king I order you to do so!" Muzan yelled at her.
    "Shut up, I'm in the middle of a serious talk here" she said sassily and cracked her knuckles.
   "Don't talk me that way" Muzan yelled more.
   " I expect my queen to obey and behave" he added as his eyes scanned her and a smirk painted his face.
    He quickly grabbed her arm and called Nakime. The strum of a biwa was heard and before the rest could comprehend anything, the two had vanished.
    Kagayaki found herself in the infinity fortress and glared at Muzan.
  "We've been over this, I'm busy and I ain't got time for you, unless you have a death wish" Kagayaki said as she took out her whip.
   Muzan laughed out loud and looked at her.
  "A death wish? I'm immortal and close to perfection, I cannot die!" He said boastfully.
  "And the fast that you're close and not yet there means you're still mortal and can die, if you doubt me, why don't you walk in the sun?" she said blandly.
   He lunged at her with his sharp nails wanting to turn her into a demon only to find himself being thrown and crashing into a wall.