III

it's been a few days since ra-im and minu's kiss. and she had the nerve to ask me to go to a karaoke place with her and some friends. of course since dohwa is going, i'm going. if i don't get to talk to him at least i'll get to admire his beauty.

——

i arrived at the karaoke place early with ra-im. slowly people start arriving until finally one person comes in and catches everyone's attention, the lovely baek dohwa. since i'm sitting next to ra-im he walks over to me and ra-im and squeezes in between us. how rude. he's lucky he's hot.

after a few songs ra-im gets up to go to the bathroom and i take my chance to steal one of the cookies she had—THAT SHE WAS GATEKEEPING WITH HER LIFE—on her plastic plate.

"woah, don't you know theft is a crime," dohwa speaks up from beside me.

"your good looks are a crime," i mumble without realizing. i hope he didn't hear that.
"is it? what are you gonna do about it?" i retort in a subtle flirtatious way.

"i don't know mystery girl, you tell me."

"mystery girl? maybe if you got to know me then you wouldn't find me so mysterious," i grin.

"and how do you suggest i get to know you," he asks a tiny grin making its way on his face.
"well for starters why don't you sing my favourite song, mr. trainee?"

"nah, i don't feel like singing."

of course i knew that he can't sing, but what i was really wondering was: "why? are you scared? why don't you sing a duet with me?"

"no."

"come onnnnn."

"no..."

"pleaseeee." i'll be able to die peacefully without any regrets if i got to sing with dohwa bae.

suddenly the door opens and closes, revealing ra-im making her way back into the room.
"sorry im busy." he looks at me while putting his arm around ra-im, who had just sat down. i just roll my eyes at that before turning my attention to...su-ae peeking into the room! ITS HAPPENING HER LOVE STORY IS BLOOMING!!! i subtly wave to her and to that she gives the weirdest hand signals that not even a genius would be able to figure out. so i just got up to go talk to her.

"su-ae what are you doing here?" i ask opening the door. of course, i already know the reason but i gotta start the conversation somehow!

"i'm uh...here singing with my friends!" she says. shit isn't that the line she says to eunhyuk...? am i getting in the way?
"okay well we're in here, bye!" she abruptly adds before walking into the room where the taepyeong girls were. thankfully i see eunhyuk walking in my direction. finally you slow poke!

"go eunhyuk help! su-ae's in trouble!" he gives me a confused but worried look as i open their door and push him in. that should do it. i feel like a proud mother.

"...have fun," eunhyuk's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. i take a few steps back to be able to observe but not disturb the conversation eunhyuk and su-ae are about to have.

"if you're going to lie, do it more convincingly" he said, "it'd be impossible for me to fall for the one you told. besides, if you don't want to run into her...why are you following her?"

"t-then why are you here? you scurried over here to see ra-im too, didn't you?" su-are retorted, giving him a slight glare.

"w-what...says who? i came here because ra-im called me to...-" he paused realizing, "hang out...whatever. just go." he shooed her away.

i walk back into our karaoke room before they could spot me eavesdropping.

eunhyuk entered the room a little while after me, and made his way towards dohwa, ra-im, and I. taking a seat beside me since people were sitting on the other side of ra-im.

"so...how'd it go between you and su-ae?" you winked.

"ugh stop it," his face scrunched up in disgust, jokingly (i would hope) "i just told her to go away so that she doesn't get in trouble with those girls again."

"wow! her knight in shining armour!" i put a hand on my heart.

"stop it." he rolled his eyes, with a little smile on his face.

maybe he didn't dislike me as much as i had previously thought?

——

dohwa and I walk out of the elevator together holding hands. JK I WISHH

let me start again...ahem

dohwa and I walk out of the elevator together, since our karaoke room was on the third floor, in search of the ever so lovely and popular ra-im. she's always so unpredictable, that girl.

"you never know what she's gonna do next," i sigh.

"tell me about it." he pauses at the exit making me bump into his back. i stand there for a bit rubbing my forehead.

"w-why are you staring at me..." i hear...SU-AE'S VOICE!! i peek my head out from behind dohwa to see the gorgeous su-ae.

"hi su-ae!!!"

"y/n...?" she was about to say more until dohwa cut her off by swatting his hand at her like she's a fly. i remember this scene. he seemed like the biggest prick and got on my nerves. she staggered out of his way and he kept walking. i smiled an apologetic smile at her before whispering, "i know he's such a prick," making her sigh then laugh slightly.

i catch up with dohwa, who's already at the exit staring outside.

"hey she's not a fly, mr. trainee."

he rolls his eyes and then points outside simply saying, "look." my eyes follow his finger to see that it's raining. ah yes, the infamous rain scene is about to happen.

"what are we gonna do?" he tilts his head lower to look at me while asking.

"what do you mean 'what are we gonna do?' obviously we're gonna walk in the rain."

"you're so stupid." he scoff laughs while turning around.

"hey buddy!" he opens his mouth again. "do you have an umbrella?" he puts on his best trainee smile.

i stifle a laugh because of how fast he switched up.

"i...don't have one..." she answers.

his smile drops faster than the flash. AGAIN WITH THE SWITCH UP HUH?

"why did it have to rain all of a sudden." he mutters.

"well you go first, lover boy! wouldn't want to keep your girlfriend waiting!" i slightly push him to which he scoffs.

"why don't you go first since you're in such a rush to leave?" he retorts.

"okay."

i grab his wrist and drag him outside with me "HEY- WHA-" he tries to speak up.

"come on! let loose a little!" i laugh.

he sighs shaking his head before letting out a small breathy laugh, "alright..."

-

we reach the closest convenience store and buy our umbrella's, bumping into eunhyuk who was also buying umbrellas. we, as in i, greeted eunhyuk before he ran out to su-ae with an umbrella in his hand.

"they're so cute together, don't you think?" i ask dohwa.

"i don't really care but i guess." he bluntly responds. rude...but at least he's honest. that's what i love about him.

"anyways...will you be okay getting home? do you live far?"

"i should be asking you that," he shakes his head, "i'll be fine, you don't have to worry about me."

"okay. suit yourself." i shrug then exit the store leaving him all by himself (basically).

3RD PERSON POV:

the boy stood there dumbfounded. no one had ever left him so willingly before.

'i guess there really is a first for everything'

a/n: i'm not gonna write the whole storyline like some of the other plo stories on here bc it gets boring after time. so i'll skip to the dohwa parts most of the time but i will put in the main scenes and my favourite scenes🤭😉