XXVII

a/n: sorry guys i know i promised two chapters last week (i wrote this note in november😭) but i got jumped on halloween night and i had to take my friend to the er. then i had tryouts (i made the team!!) and i got sick after...anyways enjoy!

"y/n...i think i cracked the code!" su-ae's voice echoes off of the speaker in your phone.

"what is it?" you tap your pen on the sheet of paper in front of you.

there's a beat.

you blink, awaiting her answer.

"nevermind, he didn't comment."

"who didn't comment? ...and is that running water i hear in the background?" you shake your head and smile, placing your phone in between your ear and shoulder so you can finish some homework questions.

"the ceo of marang." she pauses, seeming to be thinking about how to word her next sentence. that's when you hear the rustling noise of your sheets moving. you turn halfway to look back but that's when su-ae starts again, "i thought he was the number one fan of my book but the user didn't comment after reading it." she responded, only answering your first question.

you drop your shoulders—shocked at how soon this part of the manhwa has come—which lets your phone slip away and fall flat onto your bedroom floor.

"y/n? are you okay?"

you scramble to pick up your phone, "huh...oh yeah i'm fine."

"okay, well i gotta go...but i'll tell you all about this on monday."

"okay, and su-ae?"

"yeah?"

"don't second guess yourself. trust your gut." you say to hopefully help her realize that she is indeed correct and on the right path.

"okay, thank you, y/n. bye." you can hear a slight smile in her voice as she hangs up.

your room goes silent as you put you phone face down onto your desk, completely forgetting about the sheet rustling issue.

two strong arms lazily wrap around your shoulders as a groggy voice whispers in your ear, "what did she say?"

you flinch at the sudden touch but relax soon after, "sorry, did i wake you?" you direct your head to look up at the man standing before you, your secret boyfriend, your dohwa.

"mmm no," dohwa hums against your neck as he slowly places soft yet sloppy kisses on your neck. his mouth was tickling you which formed a giggle in your throat that eventually weaselled its way out.

your parents were in another town visiting their old high school friends, and ha-na was at your grandma's house—as per usual—so you decided to invite dohwa over to hang out.

"she just told me about a book she's reading," a little white lie never hurt anyone right? you look up more to see dohwa's full face as he moves his lips off of your skin. you tilt your head up to kiss him on the cheek.

dohwa smiles contently but then drops it when he realizes something.

"i should get going...i have to go to work," he frowns, taking his arms off of your body.

he starts to head for your bedroom door.

"this late?" you spin your chair around and stand up to follow him on his way out. the clock on your desk reads 8:03PM and darkness was all you could see when looking outside.

"fast food waits for no one," he turns around to face you after sliding his golden goose shoes on.

standing on the lower platform near the door area, dohwa was now at your eye level—or a few centimetres higher. you notice the visible eye bags that sat below his eyes, that exhausted look he had in his eyes, and the tired grin he wore. it made you feel like shit, knowing he does so much everyday just to be able to afford the necessities.