XV

dohwa's pov

it's been a week since y/n and i last talked. and if i'm being honest, i've been in a bad mood all week because of it. it feels like there's a hole in my heart, for some reason.

anyways, i've been waiting for y/n, outside the school entrance, for a while. of course, i'm dressed in all black so that no one can notice me. but i think y/n's seen me in this disguise enough times to notice it's me, i hope.

i finally see her walking in my direction. and just as i'm about to call out her name she speed walks past me. there's no way she doesn't recognize me.

my hand moves around her wrist to stop her from walking further away and she immediately turns her head to look at me.

"y/n, its me." i pull down my mask to show my face.

"ohhh i didn't even notice." she plays dumb?

"cut the crap." i try to joke but end up rolling my eyes instead. "why have you been avoiding me y/n?"

"me? avoid? i face my problems head on thank you very much!" she says not so convincingly.

"okay, since you 'haven't been avoiding me'." i pause thinking of what to say to get her attention "...i have a favour to ask of you..."

"what...?"

what do i say...? i need to think of a good excuse...i want to hang out with her- but it can't be just me and her. i don't her to feel uncomfortable...maybe with su-ae? they're good friends right? i mean, i did ask su-ae to watch a movie with me, a few days ago, because no one else (y/n) wanted to go...now's my chance to invite y/n too.

"well...i invited su-ae to the movie theatres and after much convincing she said yes." what should i say to convince her to come? oh, i know. "but she only agreed because i told her it was going to be a double date. so...please come with us." i say a little confused because i managed to tell y/n that su-ae and i are going on a date when i actually wanted it to be y/n and i going on a date.

"go find someone else, you have plenty of other friends." she tries to shoo me away.

"but you're my only real friend. plus, you can bring eunhyuk." i wink playfully at her to let her know that i'm completely joking, knowing- or maybe hoping that she and eunhyuk aren't a thing. but she doesn't seem to realize i'm joking.

her face scrunches up in disgust at my words...thank goodness. wait-

"me and eunhyuk are just friends..."

i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding.

"then it can be a platonic date." i keep on going. i have to be an idiot. i keep on digging my grave deeper and deeper. and it's too late to turn back now...

"fine. i'll go if eunhyuk wants to." she agrees but it doesn't seem like she truly wants to agree.

she pulls out her phone and after a few minutes of her typing for a bit, then stopping and then typing again, she looks back up at me.

"it's official! we're going on a double date." she beams in a sarcastic way.

"yay!" i clap my hands together trying to sound as cheerful as possible. "i'll see you tomorrow at 3pm."

i start to walk away but stop, "unless you want me to walk you-"

i look back but she was already a long distance away from me. i guess i won't be walking her home today then...