VI

it had reached the day of su-ae's art exam. she didn't even have to tell you that but you already knew from how she was rigorously studying, trying to fit every last bit of information in her head. you had met her just outside of your apartment when you were on your way to pick up your sister from art school because apparently you had a sister??? you had never seen your sister at home nor noticed her face in the family pictures so you asked your mom and she told you that your sister stays at your grandma's house since it's closer to her art academy.

anyways, back to the present. the subway arrives at your's and su-ae's destination. su-ae darts out of the doors with you closely following her from behind. but suddenly she stops at an ad on the wall making you bump into her back.

you're about to open your mouth to say something until you see a mixture of shock and awe written all over her face. you turn your head to the right to take a closer look at what got her staring like that when you see the cover of her fan novel on the wall.

"woah...su-ae what's your fan novel doing there...?" you ask trying to act surprised.

"i- i have no idea- wait! how'd you know it was my fan novel??"

'because i read the webtoon duh?'

"because it says ae-su in the bottom right. and that's your username in the arcade no?" you make up a good excuse on the spot.

she's about to open her mouth but then she directs her eyes to above you and that's when you feel someone resting their head on yours.

you clench your fist, about to punch this creep until you remember that this is what dohwa did to su-ae in the webtoon, "is this the kind of thing you guys are into?"

you're about to question why he's doing this to you instead of su-ae until you feel his toned body pressing up against your back—making you forget your previous thoughts. your heart beat increases as your cheeks start to feel really hot, your body too; he was dangerously close. you whip your body around and slightly shove him.

"ow." he puts his hand on his chest jokingly, "oh, so you're hitting me now?"

"not my fault you came out of nowhere." you shrugged joking back. your heart still pounding.

"becoming the black rose girl of versailles...? whys the title so long?" dohwa asks leaning to the side.

you look over to see su-ae's embarrassed face which makes you giggle.

"well actually, it's a fan novel, but...either way i'm a fan!" she rambles, "a super super fan!! haha..."

"really?" he directs his attention to su-ae now, "hey, doesn't that guy kinda look like me?"

"you're good looking too, but that's an insult to leo...!" she says, looking offended.

dohwa looks at his phone, realization making its way onto his face before he speeds off to the escalator. "well, see ya." he waves to you two before turning around and going up.

you and su-ae wait there for a bit. su-ae because she's zoned out looking at the poster and you because you're in no rush and don't wanna leave your friend behind.

su-ae wakes up from her daydreams, realizes she gonna be late, so she grabs your wrist and pulls you to the escalator with her.

you're going up the escalator when a guy catches both yours and su-ae's attention.
"yeah we should meet. i need to see how stuck up they are for myself." he says.

he has a jellypop with a teddy bear on it...wait- that can't be...oh shit it is! it's the president of marang entertainment aka the love point system's inventor...!